Girly Girls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I'm guessing your kid is 10U. Maybe 12U?

Not a lot of girly girls where we play in 12U. Weren't all that many in 10U. Most every girl I've coached, talked to or witnessed wants to dump the hair bows after 8U and are tough as nails, scrappy types. There's little talk of dresses, manicures, dolls, etc. It's just softball.

Are they interested in their appearance, clothing, style, hair fashion, etc.? Yes.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
I can't recall any team teasing or bullying another in the 10 years that my DD played travel ball. Maybe DD just never said anything or didn't notice. Players are far more interested in the approval of their teammates and ignore the opponent.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm guessing your kid is 10U. Maybe 12U?

Not a lot of girly girls where we play in 12U. Weren't all that many in 10U. Most every girl I've coached, talked to or witnessed wants to dump the hair bows after 8U and are tough as nails, scrappy types. There's little talk of dresses, manicures, dolls, etc. It's just softball.

Are they interested in their appearance, clothing, style, hair fashion, etc.? Yes.
Funny thing about Anna, she never ever wore hair bows, probably 16U, we were playing at Tyger River in Spartanburg, SC and out of the blue she said “let’s go look for the vendor who sells hair bows”.....WHAT??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad