Get a bat!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Ughh my DD!.....she’s swinging a 2019 LXT that she got in December 2019 which she loves, but it’s all beaten to heck. No cracks or damage, but a few tiny spots of missing paint. I want to get her a 2021 LXT but she refuses to get it, she even gets mad when I bring it up. Any other DD like this? You’d think she would jump at getting a new bat, but no. She says it still has pop, but the continuous use over 16 months must be taking its toll on the bat.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Yes. DD has the original Ghost that we got Summer of 2018 and is in her 2nd year of college. I tell her that we need to be ready to get another bat and I need you to figure out side by side if your bat has lost it's pop. She is fighting me on this.

Jan 14, 2020
Swoop up another one! lol... My DD (who is 10) fell in love the CF7 Sprite, now we have 2 just in case one takes a crap... lol

May 20, 2015
DD #1 is onto year 2 with her GA.......so we bought another one that we use in practice, and we're saving the non warranty one for games........sell her on that concept lol

Feb 21, 2017
My understanding with the LXT is that the newer ones were not always better and some of the new technology gave the bat less pop. I suggest you research first.

CoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD had an Easton Steath 31". She hit the cover off balls with that bat. She grew and I bought her a new bat. She wouldn't stop using the Stealth so I sold it. She went into a slump and it was my fault for selling he Magic Bat. Stealths were now running 7-800 dollars. FINALLY I found a NIB for $350. Of course it was not the Magic Bat so that too sat in the bag. A new LXT finally broke the spell. Two LXTs later she is finishing her SR year in college. Don't sell the Magic bat until she asks you to.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
DD started rec league (call it first year 10u) with an Aluminum bat from Academy. Took it with her to a 10u TB team her second year. Decided to upgrade her for first year 12u and she fought me tooth and nail. Swore her aluminum bat was just fine. Finally just made her do it and she never looked back.

Now she is swinging a 2019 Xeno and loves it. It’ll be hard to get her to try something else down the road.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
It's very possible that composites are at their 'hottest' right before they break. I wonder how much they use a bat that's going to be tested? Are there any tests on how long a composite bat lasts?

May 29, 2019
Swoop up another one! lol... My DD (who is 10) fell in love the CF7 Sprite, now we have 2 just in case one takes a crap... lol
The CF7 Sprite was a special bat. My DD insists that was her best/favorite bat ever. I looked for a long time for NIW CF7's in various sizes but never found any. She had every -11 from the CF7 through the CF Zen, and I agree with her that there was something different with the CF7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi