Florida gets info on menstrual cycle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Please don't allow this site to degrade into just another social media site.
We won't. I've been monitoring this thread, and I've not seen any issues. It's been a good discussion.

We tend to be a bit more lax this time of the year. Not much is happening softball wise, and we have just "the regulars". When the newbies show up in February is usually when the problems start.

May 27, 2013
Was simply commenting there are plenty of *General Health concern questions that could be asked that cover all genders.
*Not specific only question.
( that leaves out a broad range of healthcare concern type questions that could be asked)
Which can have terrible Health complications.
If the goal is truly the health of the athletes there could be a giant list of questions.
Which imo is relevant.

(i never said anything was irrelevant)

Thankfully we can have an opinion without having a physician's degree or working in the healthcare industry. As people have offered theirs in their posts.
There already is a giant list of questions. We have 50 of them on our state forms.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We won't. I've been monitoring this thread, and I've not seen any issues. It's been a good discussion.

We tend to be a bit more lax this time of the year. Not much is happening softball wise, and we have just "the regulars". When the newbies show up in February is usually when the problems start.
I felt the "being used for anti-abortion laws" was a tad political. I'm not being a prude. I just don't want Facebook 2.0.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
There already is a giant list of questions. We have 50 of them on our state forms.
Yes, I know there are lots of questions that are asked except for are protected! Which that distinction should be included in the discussion.

I know there are lots of questions athletes are asked but they are not part of an outside database so I'm not certain what you're referring to??

Glad that was opened up.

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
RAD - if I am reading the linked article correctly, the whole medical history form is being stored in the online database, not just the menstrual history questions. That is only what the title of the article chose to focus on, though. However, if I am wrong about that please show me where it is only talking about uploading menstrual history. Maybe I completely missed it. 🤷‍♀️

I do agree that it is wrong to not be using a HIPAA-compliant database.

May 27, 2013
Okay and should be included in the discussion. Are they part of an outside database or part of the college covered by Healthcare laws?

I know there are lots of questions athletes are asked but they are not part of an outside database so I'm not certain what you're referring to??

Glad that was opened up.
My state - PA - has a form which all public school athletes need to complete (including physical exam) before being allowed to show up on the first day of practice. In my state it is the PIAA which determines this.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
RAD - if I am reading the linked article correctly, the whole medical history form is being stored in the online database, not just the menstrual history questions. That is only what the title of the article chose to focus on, though. However, if I am wrong about that please show me where it is only talking about uploading menstrual history. Maybe I completely missed it. 🤷‍♀️
Yep unfortunately whatever it is we read may not be inclusive of all details anyway🤷‍♀️
I do agree that it is wrong to not be using a HIPAA-compliant database.
(imo)
This is the larger issue. Which clarifies the difference between protected individual health and non-protected.
Regardless of the question.

Glad people are allowed to have our own opinions and make our own choices. Glad there is a diversity of people. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
Even further down in the article it said the menstrual history questions were optional.

Dec 11, 2010
Had never put all that together!
I felt the "being used for anti-abortion laws" was a tad political. I'm not being a prude. I just don't want Facebook 2.0.
A state political site I like has a comment warning: “This isn’t Facebook, all uncivil or disrespectful comments will be deleted and the poster banned”

I like that, even though I’m uncivil at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi