First OTF Home Run, against DD :(

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
DD was pitching this weekend in a 14U tournament. It was the second time pitching in 14U and 43ft. She pitched two great games early in the tournament. Only had given up one run in 10 innings. Gets to the Semis against a '96 team. First inning, tries to come inside on cleanup hitter with a runner on first. She missed over the plate. Girl hits he ball about 220' dead center field. DD has no reaction at all. I wasn't sure how she would react. Ended up striking out next hitter to get out of inning. Was very proud of her for not losing her composure. Ended up losing the game. She showed some real charachter during the loss. Every girl in the lineup could hit the ball. She battled the entire game. Probably learned more in this one loss, then she learned in all of her 12U games combined. I asked her after the game, what she thought about the homerun. She said, she knew it was gone as soon as it was hit. DD added that she has to get a little more movement on her pitches. She did get that hitter out both times she faced her after that. Can't wait to see her focus in practice this week.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Wouldn't a '96 team be 16U? Anyway, tell her good job shaking it off and focusing on the next hitter. It's good she was able to do that.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
First time my DD got jacked OTF, it was a bigger deal to me than her.
She lost that game 4-2 and met the same team in the semi's a week
later and shut them down 4-0. First time OTF is harder for the dads
than the girls. Good hitters hit, it the laws of averages will catch up.
Now when DD misses, it is rarely down the middle-focus is key, good luck,
I'm sure she will be fine

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD has had a few get jacked OTF. Every time, on the way hame she brings up the first one - after a long silence - "Dad, remember in Live Oak, the girl that got me?"

...and she should be proud to be able to keep her cool after a great hit. It's a good sign that she has the mental capability to be a good PITCHER!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp