Finishing the strike out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Great advice guys! I love this message board. I agree Mrek with your post. As for "changing of speed"; my daughter is 11 yo (12U team) and she is learning to figure out when to shake off a pitch and use a change-up instead. DD's coaches don't use the change-up that much but I agree it is a way to keep the batter off balance. Though DD's coaches don't use the change-up as much as they could (DD has a pretty nice change-up) her coaches do tell her that she can shake off any pitches she wants in lieu for the one she wants. As my DD gets older and she figures out how to successfully throw off-speed pitches then I am sure she will also use those pitches. BM, thanks for some great information! I will definitely share this with her and work with her on the items you listed.

Side note: I am replying late because DD's team is playing in Broomfield, CO this week in the 12U Fireworks tournament. It is our 1st "really long trip" for a tournament as we had a 12 hr drive. So we are trying to get some vacation type things in our daily activities as well ;o) DD's team will be facing some good competition (I am assuming) from several states including a team from Australia - so we will get to see how things fare with her pitching to batters from all over! Hoping to have some good news to share on this message board :0) Or I'll have some more questions/more posts asking for suggestions/comments on some things.

Again, thank you for all your comments - we always find some great information on this message board.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickpitch