Field Maintenance - Storing rakes?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
Tom - like the wing-nuts idea - that was my concern - the support brackets for the head, while necessary, also added to the "space" problem. Glad you mentioned the handles - I had been thinking how a telescoping one would hold up - you confirmed my suspicions. I will measure my rake handle - sans head, it should fit (IF they don't give us a tiny box for a tiny field!)

Somewhat off topic - I guess I've mostly been reading the hitting forum, but I would have thought I'd have seen more field maintenance discussions? (batters boxes, dragging, pics of horrible chalk jobs :) ). Not a big concern here, or usually posted in a different forum?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
They come up and I have gotten some good ideas. I am in the you need to setup the field category.

Give it a little time.

(When I chalk the field I condensate all cell phones for 2 innings. If the batter-runner followed the line they would be dizzy before they reached 1st)

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Tom - like the wing-nuts idea - that was my concern - the support brackets for the head, while necessary, also added to the "space" problem. Glad you mentioned the handles - I had been thinking how a telescoping one would hold up - you confirmed my suspicions. I will measure my rake handle - sans head, it should fit (IF they don't give us a tiny box for a tiny field!)

Somewhat off topic - I guess I've mostly been reading the hitting forum, but I would have thought I'd have seen more field maintenance discussions? (batters boxes, dragging, pics of horrible chalk jobs :) ). Not a big concern here, or usually posted in a different forum?

unfortunately "Field Maintenance" is not a topic on this site. It should be considered though.

Jun 2, 2012
Since we are talking maintenance. Two fields at LL complex have a acorn problem that end up all over the skinned area. To much to rake by hand. Has anyone made a drag/scoop that would be able to pick up these acorns. I would like if the trees could be removed but the land is donated and they are not allowed to be remove. Thanks for any ideas.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you can get access to a riding lawnmower I would think it will eat them up.

Even a push one should get them.

(I have not seen going deep post for a while but depending on where you are located his DD might be able to get the trees to mysterious disappear)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2015
Field equipment/maintenance topic would be cool.

I'm always looking for ideas for a portable, lightweight field drag (yes, I've been all over the internet but nothing strikes my fancy.)

Jun 2, 2012
I was looking at one of them. They are not to expensive. There is also a company called "bag a nut" that has a product but is expensive. I wish dfp would make a section on field maintenance so we could run stuff by each other.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA