Feeling Grateful

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2010
Today started just like any other crazy day, but ended up being something really special. When we got home today, my 13yo daughter had a small card waiting on the table from her new pitching coach. She's been with him for about 2 months, and he has asked a lot of her. She ripped open the envelope and began reading the hand-written note aloud. It was filled with gratitude for his students and with praise for her attitude and genuine pride in her progress. In it he made grand predictions for her future. With each word she read, it was as if she really began to believe the words she was reading. Others have been complimentary. Others have been encouraging. Yet, she has also been through her share of coaches that didn't really believe in her. But, the time her coach took to write this note, the faith it showed, and the humor it contained meant the world to her. She knows she has a long way to go, but I think today she really began to see her dream as something truly achieveable. She taped this card to her bedroom mirror. I hope she reads it often as she continues to work for her dream with the help and guidance of amazing coaches like this.

Thanks, Mark B. in DFW! You truly know how to bring out the best in your girls.

And, to all of the coaches out there that work with our daughters simply out of your love of the game and the joy you get out of teaching and guiding.......Thank you.

May 17, 2010
WOW! I started reading this note thinking that sounds just like my DDs pitching coach. Got to the bottom and it was! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission