EvoShield Catchers Gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
Anyone hear anything about when this will be released? Website just says coming soon but Munro is wearing a custom Team USA set so I can't imagine its too far from release?

May 21, 2014
I don't have an answer for you, but after seeing it last weekend in action I'm not super impressed. The chest protector looks like it wants to sag and isn't very form fitting. The legs look a lot like Wilson pro stock legs. Matter of fact we were waiting for this to get released but went ahead and ordered a different brand this week.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
I don't have an answer for you, but after seeing it last weekend in action I'm not super impressed. The chest protector looks like it wants to sag and isn't very form fitting. The legs look a lot like Wilson pro stock legs. Matter of fact we were waiting for this to get released but went ahead and ordered a different brand this week.

Yea my DD wants to stick with her Mizuno Samurai set. Ordered the new Easton Jen Schro one but she hated it. Legs didn't have enough motion and the helmet was terrible for line of sight. Maybe just the way it fit my DD or her head shape/size but she was not a fan.

Personally, I liked the design I just think she's comfortable in the Mizuno set so oh well.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

I wouldn't be too surprised if it's re-branded Wilson gear, possibly with some small tweaks to make it "different". EvoShield is a Wilson-owned brand.

May 21, 2014
I wouldn't be too surprised if it's re-branded Wilson gear, possibly with some small tweaks to make it "different". EvoShield is a Wilson-owned brand.

Oh I'm sure, but what a miss by Wilson. They could have really hyped it and made it relevant and instead it's just a back seat option at this point. The chest protector almost looks as bad as the god awful Rawlings.