Don't you hate missing a game!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
DD#2 played her last JV game Wednesday night and will get to stay with the varsity to finish up the year. Last night they had a game about an hour away at 5 while DD#2 played at 6. There was no way for me to get off in time to meet my wife to get #2 to the park and one of us make it to the HS game. I texted one of the Dad's and asked for updates to let me know how they doing. I told him even though I didn't expect my 7th grader to play much I wanted him to keep me updated on how the team was doing.

I get a text at game time that she is starting. A little later a text comes with the video of a hard ground out. Then comes the next one...double to left center. Then another text, one hopped the fence in left for a double and "Sorry I wasn't filming!". Then the next one double to center with video.

We miss the game and she ends up starting and going 3-4 with 3 RBI's and we won by 7.

I guess I need to skip more games.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I do not miss many games.

Last one she called me and I asked how she pitched.

She said she hit a lot of batters.

I didn't ask how many because I didn't want to know what a lot meant.

Wish I was there. :)

Jun 12, 2015
I know how you feel! My older DD hit her first homerun (baseball) last year at one of the games I had to miss. I was with my younger one who was picking up, and her game was crappy and boring. FIGURES! I'm still mad about that. Another time I missed what family members described as the most exciting softball game they'd ever seen, because I was with my older DD at her baseball game, which was...you guessed it, really boring. I can't win. Congrats to her on a great game though!

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Games make me nervous. I don't enjoy them as much as I once did, and that's my problem. The main reason I go is to make sure I don't miss something that I want to remember. ...

My favorite part of softball is time spent w/ DD outside of the game, on the road, and practicing w/ her at home, and all the talks we have about it. I tend to enjoy games more in retrospect than live.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
It bothered me the first few games that I had to miss. Now it's not too big of a deal. I love watching her play, but she has a younger brother that plays a little ball and is on a select soccer team so I try to split it evenly between them. It's a little tough to split it evenly between them since I help out at her practices and games occasionally. My wife and I are constantly going opposite directions it seems and we can't be everywhere. She seems to play better when i'm not there though. I get texts about all the great plays she makes and that she goes 3 for 3. When i go to games it seems like it's always 1 for 3 and an error lol.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
I have 2DD's and 1 DS. When the 2 DD's played on the same team it was easier. Now all three are on travel teams. There are two weeks of tournaments this summer where I go with one the DW goes with one and the the third goes with a team family. You get use to it after a while though I wish my wife would send updates more often when I am not there. Gamechanger or IScore make it easier if the team streams it. I usually loan them my hot-spot during the season especially when I know I am not going to be at the game. Been lucky so far and have not missed much, but it is a matter of time before I miss one of their big moments.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I tip my hat to all of the parents who have to manage multiple kids in sports. My younger DD is my "artsy" child - piano, art, cooking - so I do not miss many of my older DDs games. When I cannot be there Game Changer or iScore are GREAT!

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
This weekend she ended up starting 3 of our 4 tournament games. We got caught in traffic and missed her first AB. 2 Run double of course. 0 for the rest of the weekend with me there!

Jun 11, 2013
Missed Saturday and DD hits HR over the fence and then in another game plays an amazing game at first with an estimate from another parent of saving at least 7 terrible throws. She said it was her best game ever which is saying something. At least I got to watch a couple of good baseball games, but it still kills me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12