Do you have a Magnet player?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
This is a player that for some unexplained reason always seems to attract injury. For example, you have hit ground ball after ground ball for 10 minutes and then as soon as she moves to your station, first hit line drive to the thigh. You them move to live pitching and your pitcher throws to 10 batters, as soon as she steps up to the plate, first pitch hit in the back. You then end practice with a fly ball cut off drill, you hit fly ball and fly ball successfully over the cut offs head. She moves to cutoff and first hit line drive that glances off her other thigh. Do you have one of those players?

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I did...she was hit by the plate umpire when he was punching her out on a called 3rd strike. She died two days later.

May 5, 2008
I can relate to what you're talking about. I also remember the first time my dad coached me (I was probably about 10 or 11) and one of the players on our team got hurt. She was a first year player at her first ever practice and was one of the youngest on the team. Before practice started she walked into one of the poles behind the backstop. Her forehead had a nice lump on it and we hadn't even touched a ball yet.

Oct 19, 2009
I don't have a magnet player. Unfortunately however, after tonight's game I now have two pitchers in casts on their glove wrists! One girl broke her wrist in gym class tripping over a hockey stick. The other broke hers tonight sliding into home. I went from four very reliable pitchers down to two and we have some nasty tournaments the next two weeks.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
I have a magnet player who is only nicked up and pouting when mom is around.
When mom is not at the field, no magnet!!!! Does mom carry some special thing in
her pocket????? Seriously, mom is a great asset to parents but has turned DD
into hypochondriac.

Mar 13, 2010
Coach JV get magic water. I have a friend it worked on till she was 20. She was a massive hypochondriac but the momenet her mum (or someone else) sprayed 'magic water' on the injury it would get better!

I swear I'm not making this up.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
My DD.....last year, torn muscle in her hip, then a broken leg on Mother's Day.

This year, recurring knee problems, now a separated shoulder on Mother's Day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck