difference in demarini -11 cf5 cf6 cf7 cf8

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
Little DD has a cf6 that she loves 29/18. Big DD has a Cf5 that she loves 30/20
Looking to get another 29/18 or 30/19 Demarini for little DD. Online I see options to buy them all new all they way back to cf5 at certain stores on closeout. Question, has the technology changed that much?
Spend the $$ on the cf8 or save big for an older model?

Anyone familiar with the differences between the 4 models?

Thanks

Dec 7, 2011
To me the C6 had a sound all its own. Just the opposite of a Xeno where at times it sounded like a wet noddle.

DD originally was turned-off by the sound of it. As she did Xeno's. After using Xeno/XLT's for a year she is very excited to get back to her CF6.

If ya watch allot of college SB it is amazing how many CF6's appear in the line-ups of the big-time teams.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Just a precaution, some stores out there will advertise very old models still for sale,
then give you a newer model for the same price. Dont get all excited, not done yet.
Not like you will get a CF8...haha. Lets say they have a ton of CF7's sitting around. They
will keep the CF5 and 6 as in stock, then after you order, tell you they are out and
upgraded you to a CF7 for no extra charge...haha.
I would make sure you are getting a 5 or 6 if thats what you order.

Btw, I feel the 7 was the worse selling of all the bats the past few years and prob the least performing. Have already been told the 8 is killing the 7 performance wise.

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks for that warning, Core.

I was just shopping eBay a little while ago and saw a couple of new CF5s advertised as "rare" and priced at $350 & $400. There are some used ones on there for $250. I tell my DD she should only use hers - which I got new for $200 at the end of 2012 - for games and to use the CF7 for practice. She's asking for a CF8, so I'm glad to hear that it seems to be outperforming the 7.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thanks for that warning, Core.

I was just shopping eBay a little while ago and saw a couple of new CF5s advertised as "rare" and priced at $350 & $400. There are some used ones on there for $250. I tell my DD she should only use hers - which I got new for $200 at the end of 2012 - for games and to use the CF7 for practice. She's asking for a CF8, so I'm glad to hear that it seems to be outperforming the 7.

I have sold about 50 so far...every person has told me its a MUCH better performer

Yeah, I'm hearing good things about the CF8.

Not a single girl on my team owns a CF7 and the only CF6 anybody liked was the -11. Several like the CF5, although only a couple use it.

Looking forward to putting a couple of CF8s through their paces to see if DeMarini is back.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My DD loves her CF7 Hope. Wont use anything else. Her LXT and Xeno are only used for practice in the garage.

Just a dissenting view :)

I'll be buying her a CF8 when she moves to 14U in the Fall as she is about ready to go up length and weight...

Dec 10, 2012
Waterloo Ontario
You hear this every year... this years bat is so much better than last years...Honestly, its completely subjective. My DD has a CF5 and CF7. I think the CF7 has more pop...but what the hell do I know. Its newer so who knows.

I do know if I had bats anywhere near as good as what is available now, I would have had 2x the dingers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06