Difference between 11' Xeno & 12' Xeno?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
What size did you end up getting? My 14 yo DD has used the 2011 since last October and absolutely loves it. She's 5' 2.5" and 113 lb, uses 32/22. We just bought a 2011 33/23 to keep until next year. We didn't want to take a chance on not finding one - she loves it that much. If she's ready for it next year, we'll have it at a good price. If she's not ready, we'll probably sell it. I also heard the 2012 break more easily.

Hi jinjet95, I took DD to Dicks and Sports Authority and had her try several bats. She already has a 32/22 Cataylst, so we went with the 33/23 2011 Xeno. It was just delivered yesterday, but was luck would have it, DD is down with an injury so it will be a couple weeks before she gets to try it out. Now as I am not injured, would it be bad for me to try it out before DD? ;-)

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Shin2.JPG
Hi jinjet95, I took DD to Dicks and Sports Authority and had her try several bats. She already has a 32/22 Cataylst, so we went with the 33/23 2011 Xeno. It was just delivered yesterday, but was luck would have it, DD is down with an injury so it will be a couple weeks before she gets to try it out. Now as I am not injured, would it be bad for me to try it out before DD? ;-)

Depends on how much you value your life. My DD would probably use it on me if I used hers before she could. I hope your DD recovers quickly. Mine is injured also. 1st game of HS career. DD was stealing 2nd. SS blocking the bag like she's a baseball catcher at the plate. DD decided to hook slide behind the bag to avoid a collision and grab the bag with her arm, which she did. Unfortunately, the ball was too far on 1st base side and as SS moved to catch it, she stepped on DD right shin. I'm thankful she didn't decide to go in head first as I think she would have broken her arm. Hopefully, she's only out a week.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Let DD use her ’11 XENO for the 1st time last night, she has never swung a “real” bat before. She almost killed me when I was pitching to her, this thing is unbelievable.

Apr 1, 2010
Could it be that the 12's have the new USSSA certification?

That's what I'm thinking, Westwind. I hadn't been worried about the new U-trip bat restrictions, but now DD has moved away from her ASA team to a team that plays a lot of USSSA. I had some lovely bats waiting for her to grow into that are now probably going to have to be replaced with 2012 or later ones. Grrr. It seems to me at this point that I might as well wait to see what size she needs in 2013, since I haven't seen any good deals on 2012 bats yet.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck