Did I do the right thing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
I think you did right to be honest, as long as you were tactful.

But I also believe that a good coach that knows what they are doing and teaches the fundamentals and drills them into girls can have almost any girls performing acceptably in a short period of time, regardless of their skill level, if they have average athletic ability. Not saying they will be good players, they might be minimal, but they wont look foolish or embarass themselves, and they will be able to compete with dignity.

The shortcomings of many teams are not the fault of the players, it is the fault of the coaches.

Feb 9, 2009
Why would he ask your opinion?
BECAUSE....he knew they weren't ready and he was hoping someone would come along and tell him something different. You didn't, and now he's ticked off and frustrated because he really wanted better news.

it's like when you are trying on a new dress. If you look in the mirror, and LOVE it, you buy it! Right then! You don't need another opinion!!!
If you aren't sure how it REALLY looks on you, you ask your husband "How does this look on me?" Sure you want to hear, "Oh, Baby, that dress is SEXY on you!" ...you do NOT want to hear that it makes your butt look big....but you asked because you doubted it was awesome to begin with...

The OP was just the guy who had the guts to tell his wife she needed to keep trying dresses on.....

Apr 12, 2010
Why would he ask your opinion?
BECAUSE....he knew they weren't ready and he was hoping someone would come along and tell him something different. You didn't, and now he's ticked off and frustrated because he really wanted better news.

it's like when you are trying on a new dress. If you look in the mirror, and LOVE it, you buy it! Right then! You don't need another opinion!!!
If you aren't sure how it REALLY looks on you, you ask your husband "How does this look on me?" Sure you want to hear, "Oh, Baby, that dress is SEXY on you!" ...you do NOT want to hear that it makes your butt look big....but you asked because you doubted it was awesome to begin with...

The OP was just the guy who had the guts to tell his wife she needed to keep trying dresses on.....

LOL

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

"No, the fat pushing out the dress does"

*slap*

Jun 13, 2010
My LL team had a little workout early today I invited him to come and watch them.
After practice I asked him his HONEST OPINION of my team no holds barred. I said "give it to my straight". He said " Well I think they are better than my team".
"OK" I said and guess what?" My girls are not up to travel standards, And they were not the best team in the league By any means But you do what you feel is right".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad