Demarini Whisper

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2019
So, my DD (first year 16u) has been swinging a Demarini Whisper 33" -10 since the end of the Fall when her second Meta starting rattling on the inside. We have used the Ghost Advanced before and broken three of those. So, we went with the Meta for a year.....broke two of those. So, now we are with the Whisper and so far I am pleasantly surprised. It took less break in time than the Meta and has a ton of pop now. The sound is not as quiet as the name would suggest but it has a distinct thud. Sweet spot is pretty large. It swings lightly, and I mean slightly end loaded. In my DD's opinion, it's closer to the Meta than the Ghost. She really likes it. She is batting over .400 for her high school as a sophomore. Hit her first dinger of the Spring last week. Hopefully it's as durable as the other Demarinis that we have owned. Overall impressions have been great.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
koo
5e4c647dbbc7eef5849ef035f2b0ebd6.jpg

What???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks great

Jan 7, 2013
DD killing it with a broke-in, 10000+ hit, 2020 Demarini FNX. Other girls on her team hitting to warning track with Ghosts. Looking at the whisper as a replacement now for next year.

Anyone have thoughts on comparing the two?

Aug 5, 2022
DD killing it with a broke-in, 10000+ hit, 2020 Demarini FNX. Other girls on her team hitting to warning track with Ghosts. Looking at the whisper as a replacement now for next year.

Anyone have thoughts on comparing the two?

Me too! That fnx is a tank and it does take a hot minute to break in. Looking at the whisper or maybe the xeno as a replacement. Tried to go to a cf6 when the last fnx broke and she hated it. Found an fnx by chance on here as a close out. Also would appreciate any thoughts from the bat gurus. She’s a junior and her college is a Louisville slugger team.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The Whisper is different from the FNX as the connection is softer. The FNX was closer to the Xeno than anything else, but it didn't sell well. The Whisper has a lot of pop, and it has a different sound than other DeMarini bats. It takes about 150 swings to break in, but when it does, the ball flys off the barrel. It also has a good sized sweet spot.

We've sold a lot already, and other than one person saying they went up in size too fast, everyone likes them a lot. I think they have a winner.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD has been a long time Demarini user.. FNX (2yrs worth), CF (3yrs worth), and Whisper. She swings a 34-9 CF right now. Purchased a 34-9 Whisper and DD did not adjust to the feel of the Whisper and ended up going back to the CF. It is definitely end loaded compared to the CF, I'd even say it's slightly more end loaded than the FNX.

If I could do it again, I'd buy her a 33 -9 Whisper.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
DD has been a long time Demarini user.. FNX (2yrs worth), CF (3yrs worth), and Whisper. She swings a 34-9 CF right now. Purchased a 34-9 Whisper and DD did not adjust to the feel of the Whisper and ended up going back to the CF. It is definitely end loaded compared to the CF, I'd even say it's slightly more end loaded than the FNX.

If I could do it again, I'd buy her a 33 -9 Whisper.
Everything is end-loaded compared the CF. 🤣

DeMarini used to call the FNX power balanced. It was their way of saying it was sort of end-loaded without actually saying it was end-loaded.

What was your overall impression of the pop on the Whisper? A good friend of mine has a daughter committed to Villanova. She switched to the Whisper from a DS Ghost because Villanova is a Wilson school, so he figured she may as well get used to it now. He said her exit velocity was a out 2 MPH higher on the Whisper than on the Ghost. In fairness, she did go from a 33-23 to a 34-24, but that shouldn't make a huge difference.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Everything is end-loaded compared the CF. 🤣

DeMarini used to call the FNX power balanced. It was their way of saying it was sort of end-loaded without actually saying it was end-loaded.

What was your overall impression of the pop on the Whisper? A good friend of mine has a daughter committed to Villanova. She switched to the Whisper from a DS Ghost because Villanova is a Wilson school, so he figured she may as well get used to it now. He said her exit velocity was a out 2 MPH higher on the Whisper than on the Ghost. In fairness, she did go from a 33-23 to a 34-24, but that shouldn't make a huge difference.

The exit velo of the whisper is very much in line with the CF when compared in the same length/weight.. We tested bats back to back in blocks of 5 front toss pitches on a 215' field alternating back and forth thru an entire BP (probably 6 buckets of 24 or so). HR's #s from each bat were used to determine the bat she swung best.

With DD's swing, she was slightly more consistent with the CF. I would assume due to the endloading, that a properly flushed ball would travel faster and farther off the whisper, but distance in our test was not measured. Only HR's over the fence were counted.

Also, FWIW, I think the balance of the FNX and CF models were surprising on how similar they are (if you consider the balance as the distance of the Center of Mass to the knob of the bat). See pic below, 34-10 FNX (two of them), 34-9 CF, 34-10 Meta X. I should do the same picture with the -9 whisper and -9 CF.
1678465533641.png

Jan 7, 2013
We’ll alrighty then, looks like I have a small investment to make. I’ll find someplace to have her try a few swings, though.

Got a Meta sitting in the garage if anyone is interested with a reasonable offer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06