Demarini CF Reviews

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
DD loves her FNX, bought several on clearance lol. Currently prefers her 33/23, bought a 33/24 as well and she just doesn’t yet like the way it feels so silly for 1oz, but because of that I know there is no way I’m going to get her into the new CF drop 8 to keep that direct connection. Fortunately the FNX is a tank so hopefully these will last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2021
CFs have no inner tech, never have. So you are never going to get any sound. Its always going to be that
flexy, soft feel and quiet thud off the barrel.
Shouldnt be a surprise as they have been made that way for a long time.
Agree. I just think it is interesting the effect the different sound can have in game situations. DD used to play a Carbon Candy ( surprisingly good bat. HS coach made her go to a Ghost, but I never saw an improvement ) and left quite a few outfielders flat footed, realizing too late that ball was way over their head.

Sep 6, 2012
Man...I obsess over the tech just that my daughter can have confidence that it's her swing mechanics and workouts at the gym that are the difference.
Reading stuff like this makes me doubt things. She's had nothing but CF's, starting with CF5's in 29/18 in 8U. At that age, the CF just made 11" balls leap off the bat & you saw girls swing the CF so confidently & they wouldn't dare use another brand.
I always equated it to that 29/18 & 30/19 being the only Drop -11 bats at the time geared to perform, not hit a price point.
But now she's a 5' 3" 16Yr old Junior swinging a 33/23 2021 CF Zen & the ball just isn't going anywhere, except a random one to the fence here and there. Never hit one over & other girls her size have.
So me being a technology study guy has always tried to learn the bats.

Took her to UNC's 2 day Elite Camp a few weeks back (her 1st ever college camp) & the Easton bats made it seem like the other girls were doing more damage. A simple bloop out of the infield (a hit in any park) off her bat sounded like a mishit failure & the same from an Easton would get "woo hoo" sounds. But she doesn't like the end load.
Buddy has a cache of Wilson bats we're gonna check out this week.

It's sad to say it out loud, but it feels like coaches and parents alike pay not attention to her hits because of the sound of her freaking bat. The same hit at a tournament from any other player off an Easton or say a Xeno gets oohs, ahhs & cheers just because of the WHACK sound.
It was REALLY an amplified feeling for her at UNC's camp & could tell she left feeling like her cage & field toss work went unnoticed on the same hits as others. Same for a power hitting girl using a CF launching shots that got no attention.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022
Maybe try a 33 -11 Ghost and see if she likes that? My daughter (12u - 5'5", 110lbs) has also been swinging a CF for the past 2 years. I actually got her a used Ghost (32/32) to use for slower pitchers to slow down her swing. She uses it from time to time, but is still more comfortable with her CF.

Sep 6, 2012
Man...there is just no way I'm spending $500 on a bat at this point. It's an absurd price for a bat that is guaranteed to break. I mean...across the board, not a single one hasn't broken.

Feb 24, 2022
Man...there is just no way I'm spending $500 on a bat at this point. It's an absurd price for a bat that is guaranteed to break. I mean...across the board, not a single one hasn't broken.
Eastbay had a 40% off sale a week or two ago and I got a Ghost brand new for $315 shipped. Wasn't even looking to get one, but the price was too good to pass up.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
If you like quiet bats, good news Demarini is coming out with a new model, the whisper! Can't find the email and video that was sent out, but it showed hitters hitting tanks and the bat made almost no noise..

Aug 8, 2016
Man...I obsess over the tech just that my daughter can have confidence that it's her swing mechanics and workouts at the gym that are the difference.
Reading stuff like this makes me doubt things. She's had nothing but CF's, starting with CF5's in 29/18 in 8U. At that age, the CF just made 11" balls leap off the bat & you saw girls swing the CF so confidently & they wouldn't dare use another brand.
I always equated it to that 29/18 & 30/19 being the only Drop -11 bats at the time geared to perform, not hit a price point.
But now she's a 5' 3" 16Yr old Junior swinging a 33/23 2021 CF Zen & the ball just isn't going anywhere, except a random one to the fence here and there. Never hit one over & other girls her size have.

Took her to UNC's 2 day Elite Camp a few weeks back (her 1st ever college camp) & the Easton bats made it seem like the other girls were doing more damage. A simple bloop out of the infield (a hit in any park) off her bat sounded like a mishit failure & the same from an Easton would get "woo hoo" sounds. But she doesn't like the end load.

It's sad to say it out loud, but it feels like coaches and parents alike pay not attention to her hits because of the sound of her freaking bat. The same hit at a tournament from any other player off an Easton or say a Xeno gets oohs, ahhs & cheers just because of the WHACK sound.
It was REALLY an amplified feeling for her at UNC's camp & could tell she left feeling like her cage & field toss work went unnoticed on the same hits as others. Same for a power hitting girl using a CF launching shots that got no attention.

High exit velocity attracts attention, no matter what bat it is coming from. Have you considered dropping down to the 33 -11 CF's? My daughter is pretty small (5'1 and 120 pounds), and is using the 32 -11 cf and can compete with the bigger kids. Her bat speed drops quite a bit when she uses the drop 10's.

Jul 19, 2021

This is funny. Here's the deal with a UNC or other P5 Elite camp. Girls don't get attention if the coaches aren't already on them. The girls they are interested in have been identified before camp starts and those girls are put into special groups when you check in. All of the other girls are thrown into a big group and unless you go up there are hit 8 bombs on 10 pitches, you aren't going to get noticed because the coaches aren't looking. Heck most of the time the head coach isn't even on the field watching unless the girls in the special groups are on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad