Demarini CF Reviews

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 13, 2019
I agree 100% with "Gambler Bob." I noticed this past season that some of the northern schools were swinging Demarinin's. Specifically University of Michigan, I think the Ghost has a lot of pop but they have a history of breaking. So if you play in a northern area I think it would be wise to go with a Demarini.

Apr 19, 2022
First game of the season this spring with her new Ghost (after a proper breaking in procedure off a tee and real balls) my daughter hit three foul balls during the game. I inspected her bat after the game, already had a “shark tooth” crack!? She finished the season with it with more “shark tooth” appearing. Got her a CF10 as a back up at the end of the season for her provincial tournament in case her Ghost would get thrown out by an ump. She’s liking the CF10 so far. Just got the email from Easton today that they’re sending her a new one under warranty.

The Ghost is a hot bat but cracking after three foul balls from a skinny 12 year old!?

Sep 6, 2012
This is funny. Here's the deal with a UNC or other P5 Elite camp. Girls don't get attention if the coaches aren't already on them. The girls they are interested in have been identified before camp starts and those girls are put into special groups when you check in. All of the other girls are thrown into a big group and unless you go up there are hit 8 bombs on 10 pitches, you aren't going to get noticed because the coaches aren't looking. Heck most of the time the head coach isn't even on the field watching unless the girls in the special groups are on the field.
What you describe is exactly what we got to learn first hand. It really was a farce in a sense. We were warned before hand that some camps, the head coach basically gives a rah rah speech at the end and does nothing. Papa was engaged the whole time, but to see if it was with the "special" groups or not wasn't something I could keep my eye on.
Only really noticed during the "championship" game that the girls on the winning squad were far different than the other teams. Then when we get home and I hunt Twitter for the travel team names on the jerseys is when I learn they're all National Travel team kids.
You want to feel "hussled or scammed", but honestly if your kid is going to get to that level, they need to SEE these girls, decide if they believe they can compete with them AND go back home and put in the work to get there.
But yeah, mine isn't the one hitting bombs over the fence 8 out of 10. One girl from Mojo did put 2 out of 3 swings in scrimmage over. Coach Papa specifically addressed her on the 3rd swing that dribbled for an out. No shocker.:)

Jul 19, 2021
Only really noticed during the "championship" game that the girls on the winning squad were far different than the other teams. Then when we get home and I hunt Twitter for the travel team names on the jerseys is when I learn they're all National Travel team kids.
Yeah those girls on the winning team are the kids that are actually being looked at to play P5 ball. They are in the special group (usually group 1) at check in.
You want to feel "hussled or scammed", but honestly if your kid is going to get to that level, they need to SEE these girls, decide if they believe they can compete with them AND go back home and put in the work to get there.
Yep those camps are mainly a moneymaker for coaches with the added bonus of letting them get a close look at the small handful of prospects they are really interested in.

Frankly It's a one in a million chance that a kid signs with a P5 school if she isn't already on their radar by the time she is 16. Most P5 recruits have been on the coach's radar since 14u as they have already been studs and playing on national teams for years. It would take some miraculous development for a girl to turn into a P5 recruit from the age of 16 to 17 if she wasn't already on a National level team. If it were me, I would expend my energy at getting recruited at lower levels. P5 recruits are unicorns. They stick out from the crowd.

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
After buying every 2019 Demarini CF Insane I could find a couple of years ago, DD finally swung thru all of them going into this high school season. She is very happy with the new CF and it didn't affect her power at all.

Jul 28, 2019
My DD had’em all…. Ghost advanced, Ghost double barrel, xeno’s, LXT’s, Meta, and prism. After the 2nd Meta broke we decided to give the new CF a try and used the voucher to get a -10 CF. Must say, very solid bat. You can tell it’s in a long legacy of consistently well built durable bats. Yes you will lose some exit velo compared to a ghost. My DD loves the way it swings and the feel when she barrels a ball. If you ask her, the CF is #2, and ghost #1. I refused to do the ghost warranty return circus any longer. It’s counter productive when you have to always carry a minimum of 2 in your bag. You spend more time shipping and receiving them at the post office than it’s being used. Then when you go to PGF they get tested and half are tossed because compression or cracks. It wasn’t worth it anymore. Happy my DD found a bat she really likes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles