Demarini 29, 30 ,31 Drop 11

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
CF-5&CF-8. 31 drop 11. CF8 is a little lighter. Hits hot out of the wrapper. DD likes the 8 more than the 5 v

May 23, 2015
Dd has swung cf5 cf6 and now cf8.

Cf5 was her fav...cf6 was bleh....she likes cf8 so far but dont have body of work enough to say if she likes it more than cf5. All were drop 11s.

Tried 2015 xeno drop 11 for awhile. She did not care for it. Said it was heavy. Bat database confirms. Turns out the drop 11 was heavier than drop 10 of same length. Weird. Anyway, plenty of folks are big fans of that xeno so guess it was just her preference.

+1 on Core Softball. Solid experience with them.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2012
Dd has swung cf5 cf6 and now cf8.

Cf5 was her fav...cf6 was bleh....she likes cf8 so far but dont have body of work enough to say if she likes it more than cf5. All were drop 11s.

Tried 2015 xeno drop 11 for awhile. She did not care for it. Said it was heavy. Bat database confirms. Turns out the drop 11 was heavier than drop 10 of same length. Weird. Anyway, plenty of folks are big fans of that xeno so guess it was just her preference.

+1 on Core Softball. Solid experience with them.

My oldest cracked her CF5 on warranty (30/19 -11). She swung CF7s and swore she liked the 31/21, so that's what we went to.. Never should have done it. Drop -10 is just too much for her size. The rubber damper on the CF7 takes a lot of vibration out but in -10, you can tell she swings slower and the bats more rigid (less trampoline).

My youngest has a CF6 -11 29/18 & it was stiffer than the CF5 at first, but actually had a break in period and is now the material is more "compliant" and just as fun as the CF5 was.

Anyway, I sold the CF7 31/21 and snagged the 31/20 -11 XENO for $150 online using multiple coupons. Let me tell you, I wish I had a weight scale. It's GOT to be heavier than than CF7??? Just a boat anchor.

But here is the performance difference between the two. Demarini CF line (regardless of weight or drop) spreads the weight across the materials of the handle and walls.

The XENO uses those internal discs to limit flex of the material. But what it also does is two very different things than the CF series. It concentrates some of the mass in those discs! You feel that load in the middle of the bat head. It also (in my opinion, but you can try it yourself and FEEL) that it centers the trampoline effect around those discs.

You can hold the bat horizontal and bounce a ball vertically in the air off spots along the barrel and see it. The ball will bonk off any place on the barrel other than almost dead center. But now dead center, it is mean and nasty and pops hard and loud.

The problem with the XENO is that means your young hitter's perfect hits will convince you it's a beast. Anything not hit off the center of the head will have you thinking.your kid clanked a perfectly good pitch, when really its those very large dead spots. Hot as crap in the middle, but nowhere else. CF series is more "softly strung tennis racquet with large head). XENO is like a racquetball racquet. Dead center heat, dud on the edges.

She'll use it because she has to...but I'm not a fan. CF series all the way. And don't go -11 until high school. -10 is a waste until then.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hey Butch, why not get the big red wiffle ball bat so you can have a 3 foot wide barrell so you can hit one off your thumb
and feel like it was a good hit? haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24