Dd pitching.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2013
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f.../trim585A39F6-F8D4-4515-ADB3-C161B1BAA3DD.mp4

Well there she is. We do attend a weekly en mass lesson. Multiple girls, three instructors. Two of the three instructors wand her to finish with h/e, to which we smiled and replied no thank you. The third instructor is Barry sammons. He does not seem too concerned with dd's step style. I am concerned with it.

We appreciate any and all suggestions and would love to see it gif'd.

P.s. The volume and quality of info here in pitching over the past couple months has been amazing.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
You will hear varying opinions, but I honestly would not be too concerned about the step style. Not sure how old she is, but my DD just recently turned 14 and is just now adjusting to more of a leap. She pitched a little more than 2 years with a step style. By the way, great job in politely turning away the h/e coaches :)

Nov 29, 2009
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f.../trim585A39F6-F8D4-4515-ADB3-C161B1BAA3DD.mp4

Well there she is. We do attend a weekly en mass lesson. Multiple girls, three instructors. Two of the three instructors wand her to finish with h/e, to which we smiled and replied no thank you. The third instructor is Barry sammons. He does not seem too concerned with dd's step style. I am concerned with it.

We appreciate any and all suggestions and would love to see it gif'd.

P.s. The volume and quality of info here in pitching over the past couple months has been amazing.

Your DD looks like a very strong girl. She is also quick and fluid. Watching the video it looks like she's caught between a step and leap. She takes a very aggressive step then stops and stiffens her upper body trying to stifle the momentum she's put into the pitch. The second pitch she actually falls forward and has to catcher balance. The third pitch she cuts her step so she doesn't fall forward again.

Get her to someone who can teach her leap and drag with IR and I think she'll really like the feeling of being able to just let the pitch fly with abandon.

SG

Oct 22, 2009
I like your DD, She has a lot of things going for her. I agree with your concern over her step vs L&D. If one of those instructors there is experienced in teaching her it, I'd seriously look into it.
I switched my own DD over to L&D at 14, there is no way she would have remained as dominate as she was without the change.
You can do well at the younger ages with just the step, but there comes a time when you need a little more.

Standan
Your DD has a lot of good things going on.
Sometimes I can get carried away with a critique so I am going to just suggest what I think would be the most important thing for you to focus on. Go to this thread and view the video posted......have DD perform this religiously as part of every warm up. Eventually, the core toque will integrate into her full motion mechanics......right now she is pitching mostly with upper body/arm and really needs to get the lower body involved in creating rotation. Hope this helps a bit.

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/16719-creating-correct-core-torque.html

May 29, 2013
Standan
Your DD has a lot of good things going on.
Sometimes I can get carried away with a critique so I am going to just suggest what I think would be the most important thing for you to focus on. Go to this thread and view the video posted......have DD perform this religiously as part of every warm up. Eventually, the core toque will integrate into her full motion mechanics......right now she is pitching mostly with upper body/arm and really needs to get the lower body involved in creating rotation. Hope this helps a bit.

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/16719-creating-correct-core-torque.html

Thanks rick, i have vids of her doing that very drill that i will post. I can see the difference you are pointing out. It's weird because she rotates that hip great when hitting. It's probably because i never emphasized that motion in pitching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG