DD is coming into her own...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
DD played an awesome game, but that's the norm for her in REC where she is the big fish in the small pond. Nothing noteworthy there. What I have to brag about is off the dirt. DW sits behind the backstop at most games (for shade purposes) and in the game on Saturday, she whipped out her phone and recorded the best clip I have of DD (and I've got alot of footage). A girl new to softball is on our team and struggles with confidence big time. She wants to try, but she doesn't want to look bad for trying. She was "that" close to making contact in the game. She gets closer and closer every game. Anywho, the girl was sitting by herself and sulking after her at bat. DD was cheering with the team, noticed she was down, went over and kneeled down to encourage her teammate and then walked off. The whole thing was less than 10 seconds. A moment later, the girl, feeling like she could run through a brick wall, jumped up with her head held high and joined the team at the other end of the dugout. Shortly after that, DD glances over and catches DW recording her and gave her the "really mom?" look. She didn't do it to be see. She went out of her way to not be seen and would likely had never said anything to me about it at all. Last year, we began working with her on being a leader (not a boss) and what that entails. It was a pleasant surprise to see that clip and made me beyond proud. More proud than her blocking 14 of 17 wild pitches and going 2 for 2 with 3 rbi's and a HR. Yeah....I wouldn't be me if I didn't throw that in at the end, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes