Cracked Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I bought a LS Xeno 2018 model bat in a 33/23 back in January. I have been using the bat at batting practice and sometimes at games I'll grab it instead of my Ghost or my Demarini Hope. I was taking BP today at practice and I smashed a ball down the left field line. When I took a couple of practice swings with the bat, I could swear I heard a slight whistling noise. I tapped the bat on the ground and I heard a ratting/crunching like sound. I looked at the bat...and its cracked vertically down the barrel. I don't know whether we should call Louisville Slugger or should we go back to the store. Did you guys experience anything like this? Which one should we go with, The store or the manufacturer?

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No warranties are handled by stores...haven't been for many years. You always do the warranty thru manufacturers. So go thru Louisville.

And bats break...wont be the first and wont be the last.

For that to happen, usually means it was brewing prior and finally just cracked thru. I have seen bats where discs come loose after
10 swings, endcaps pop up, and barrels come off the bat. It happens. Bats run thru a production line, they aren't inspected and hand made
by people...haha.

Last edited:

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
No warranties are handled by stores...haven't been for many years. You always do the warranty thru manufacturers. So go thru Louisville.

And bats break...wont be the first and wont be the last.

For that to happen, usually means it was brewing prior and finally just cracked thru. I have seen bats where discs come loose after
10 swings, endcaps pop up, and barrels come off the bat. It happens. Bats run thru a production line, they aren't inspected and hand made
by people...haha.

I texted dad when I was going inbetween classes this morning telling him to check this thread. He texted me back since he's working from home today that he'd contact Louisville Slugger and see what we can do. I left the bat in question at home so it wouldn't get used and break more.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30