Could college softball players make good money in a few years?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The end result of all of this is that these players are being set up for extreme criticism if they fail. Not all bluechip prospects pan out. In the recruitment process, every position is open when coaches are trying to attract the top talent. When player A is replaced by player B, if player A has made a big deal about themselves, they will be attacked for failure. I expect the same with the transfers.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
So the television ratings are wrong, is what you're saying?

Softball probably is #3. But it’s a long, long way from #2 as are pretty much all other college sports not named football or basketball.

And the “high” ratings for SB are pretty much limited to a week or so leading up to and during the WS. A random game on the Pac12 or SEC Network during conference play pale in comparison to any number of regular season FB and BB games.

And if you like numbers compare the March madness or FB bowl games ratings to the WCWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Where do you think the extreme criticism will come from?
Social media. There are always people wanting to call out others on social media. When my dd make her announcement on where she would play college ball, critics showed up denouncing her decision. It hurt her some since she knew some of them.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The end result of all of this is that these players are being set up for extreme criticism if they fail. Not all bluechip prospects pan out. In the recruitment process, every position is open when coaches are trying to attract the top talent. When player A is replaced by player B, if player A has made a big deal about themselves, they will be attacked for failure. I expect the same with the transfers.
Agree exposure is not always a positive exposure.

That and interesting to see if and how the players get followed through the transfer portal.

Feb 7, 2014
I see a trio of Florida State players are signing autographs at a Buffalo Wild Wings next week - good for them.

For those saying softball doesn't have a shot to be relevant or get the exposure... this sport and the changes being made and the possibility of making a living at it are still in its infancy compared to the events mentioned previously.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying