College freshman playing 18u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2018
If a player is still 18u eligible, does this happen much? My daughter might want to go another season but not many 23u teams around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
As I understand it, a college freshman who is still age-eligible can play 18U until they play their first college game.

May 21, 2015
South
After a full college season, most girls want/need a break. I truly believe players need a break to improve and for college softball players, summer is the best time for that break.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
If a player is still 18u eligible, does this happen much? My daughter might want to go another season but not many 23u teams around here

My DD has guested in a few tournaments as an eligible 18U this summer. Just getting some reps in rather than playing on a team full time. For most tournaments, if they are age-eligible they can play.

We also have a few 23U pickup tourneys and a college summer league for college players in Florida so she has been in a couple of those as well.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
As long as she meets the age requirements, she can play 18U in the USSSA and USA sanctions. I don't know about the rest. DD's team has several, including her. For some college freshman, it might be the most playing time they get all year.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see it happen often. Just needs to be on the right team that doesn't view her to be taking time from their players who are still being recruited.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I see it happen often. Just needs to be on the right team that doesn't view her to be taking time from their players who are still being recruited.

Valid point.

We have kind of the opposite thing going on on my DD's 18U team. Our committed '21 SS makes our uncommitted '22 catchers look good with her glove/tag skills on stolen base attempts ;) Part of our issue is that we don't have another quality player for the SS position.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00