Coaching Demonstrations that didn't quite work...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Anyone who got a shot in the family jewels while helping their DD learn how to hit, please raise their hands...starting with me first.

Had that happen when umpiring(?) during a friendly. 2 and 1 with only one pitch!

Fans loved it!

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2013
I also had DW helping coach and she took a full bat swing to the hand as she was placing a ball on the tee. Looks like she was trying to shoplift a Jumbo grade AA egg by sliding it under her skin on the top of her hand.

I also gave the appearance from my torn calf muscle that it was nothing (in front of the girls). After practice I quickly told my wife "We need to go to the ER, like now!" I was able to drive to the ER (automatic transmission and used my left leg). When we got to the hospital I was unable to walk on it and had to limp/hop/crawl to the wheelchair rack. When I finally got seen, they took my blood pressure and it was ridiculously low, something like 60 over 40 and I was on the verge of blacking out. The nurse asked me is your blood pressure usually this low? I remember asking her what the reading was and then I said I didn't feel so good (was starting to get dizzy). Luckily they repositioned me from sitting up to laying down and elevated my leg. I eventually stabilized.

When I spoke to the Dr later I asked him about the prognosis/treatment and he said "For athletes we will go in and do surgery, but for everyone else we just wrap it up and let it heal on it's own." I'm thinking to myself, "Well then, when are we scheduling surgery?" and the DW is saying "Put a wrap on it, lets go home." I guess I had a different view of myself versus the wifey. LOL! SO I actually sustained 2 injuries that night, a torn calf muscle and an ego bruise!

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Hand raised, Sluggers.

Also, the dad of a former classmate/friend/teammate of my DD had one of his family jewels removed last year after it was crushed by his oldest DDs peel drop in the dirt.

And we're all still out there on the field, despite these occupational hazards.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd