Coach: Cal State Fullerton retaliated over women's equality

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
Great, not tuition will go up even more next year to pay for the legal fees. This state is so broke.

-W

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
Probably best to file this under their are two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

As long as the facilities and opportunities funded by the state are equal to both, there's not an issue, right? Is there any doubt that women's programs regularly get the short end of the stick and most institutions?

Oct 25, 2009
It is pretty typical for women's facilities to be much less than men's. In HS, even when the facilities are designed and built new from scratch the baseball facilities are always much better; along with the explanation that cages and press boxes will be added at a later date for the girls. But they can share the baseball cages when baseball is using them.

The Fullerton softball coach isn't just your routine coach; she's a very successful coach. I praise her courage to address something obviously unfair.

As far as not having enough money in California, they could always cut the baseball coach's pay to match softball I guess.

It's time for schools to step up and start treating everyone fairly!

Oct 25, 2009
For Coach Gromacki, NC State, UNC-Greensboro, and UNC-Wilmington have all released their head coaches. It would be really great to have her at one of those schools! That would probably help balance the softball power between the West and East coasts!!

I believe I'll send a link to that article to those AD's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi