Cheer Mommies

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
Had a regularly scheduled pitching lesson cancel at the last minute today. Frustrating after I rearranged my schedule so I could be there on time for the lesson. The mom sent me a text 30 minutes before the lesson telling me the cheer coach changed the mandatory Cheer Camp time at the last minute. It's not the parent. I've had it happen with a few others "cheer" kids as well.

With all of the non-softball activities my players do, Cheer Mommies seem to be the most inconsiderate when it comes to other people's time. I can't even begin to count the number of cancelled lessons or missed team practices due to a last minute "mandatory" cheer practice the night before a competition.

Basketball, volleyball, soccer and the other sports are much, much more consistent about their times.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
...the cheer coach changed the mandatory Cheer Camp time at the last minute. It's not the parent.

Cheer Mommies seem to be the most inconsiderate when it comes to other people's time.

Is it the cheer coach or the parent you have an issue with?

As the parent of both a cheerleader and a softball player, I have seen last-minute changes one both sides of the fence. I will agree, however, that cheer seems to do it more than softball.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2009
Is it the cheer coach or the parent you have an issue with?

As the parent of both a cheerleader and a softball player, I have seen last-minute changes one both sides of the fence. I will agree, however, that cheer seems to do it more than softball.

It's not the parent as I said in the OP. Been dealing with the mom and player for the last 3 years with only the rare last minute issues. Like we all have in our lives.

We are running into this more and more with many activities. We had a large number of "something else came up" for practices this last off-season.

Another problem is coaches/band directors/drama leaders scheduling over top of each other and getting mad at the kids because they can't be in several places at once. Our school ball is in the fall ~ has been forever. Band director decides this year that he is going to have "mandatory" band practices on Monday evenings, which is a game night for softball. Unfortunate for him, because DD told him that if he made her choose she would quit band. This type of thing happened numerous times over the past school year, though.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Competitive cheerleading coaches are psycho dictators and I cannot believe they do not have their own reality TV show....

Mar 13, 2010
OMG I watched that show! The hell?

There was also a show called Cheer that seemed to only run for one season about a NJ academy. Nuts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff