Check in Fired up Friday7/24

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I'm in a bad mood today.

I was going to drive to NYC today to start a new job Monday. Suddenly they want all sorts of additional information. I won't drive out until tomorrow, which will make for a tiring arrival. Blah.

I am leaving my family in Madison for a while, they will stay for at least a year. That means I probably won't see DS row for college, DD #2 run XC and/or track, or DD #3 play softball for quite some time. (DD #1 is the best athlete, so of course she is the only one who doesn't do any organized sports. She used to be a great 3B and would steal bases with blinding speed. ) DS may or may not get a chance to row in a race in Philly at some point in his college career, or I may buck it up and go to Ann Arbor for the conference championships some year.

The rest of my family will spend August in NYC. DD 3 is thinking about switching teams, but the tryouts are while she is out of town.

The worst part ---

There are no violin emojis for this forum!!!!!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Bob- all of my complaints just got diminished by your post. Thanks for the reality check.

lil DD plays in the PGF 10u champ. tomorrow. She is a wreck, in a slump going into it, she is so nervous, I can't seem to get it through to her that she already won, she won with the months of hard work and practice and improvement and regardless of what happens she goes into 12s better prepared than 95% of the players her age. Kids have a very narrow view of things.

Older one plays USSSA champ next week, not a whole lot of good teams in this since all the good ones are at PGF so they should do OK.

So I get a full week of games between the two. I'm just gonna follow my own advice and sit back and enjoy the games as a proud parent.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Yes, JJ, any kid playing at that level has already won.

In fact...

I remember a girl, wise way beyond her years, who once played on a LL team with DD 3. No scoreboard, so it wasn't clear at one point which team was ahead. The girl said: "if you have fun, you've already won!"

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Oh, and one good thing. Although the rest of the family is coming out in a couple of weeks, DD 2 will go on the drive with me.

I spent a lot of time with DD 3 and her softball. DD 2 was on the track team, but had a season-ending injury before her first meet. I am looking forwards to spending some time with DD 2, so she won't feel neglected.

DD 3 and DD 2 are sharing a room right now. DD 2 put RULES which DD 3 MUST OBEY! Later she added another rule for her father: I am not supposed to barge into the room just to talk about softball. Of course I completely ignore that rule. Duh.

Dec 27, 2014
Get ready for one of the most frustrating Fall seasons of your life....and enjoy it. :D

Lol! Last year she played fall ball for the first time, 10u game for the first time as well. She is a fall 2004.

Last year was a trip. :p

25 mile per hour, step and push mechanics for a first time pitcher. Coach ended up playing her a lot because she was more accurate than the 2nd year, 2004 pitchers we had. At least we would get something other than a walk... Just B/C NAFA tournaments, but we still felt fortunate to finish the season without getting creamed. :)

Nov 18, 2013
DD comes home from PGF Midwest Regionals Saturday and flies out to CA for the JO Cup on Sunday. When she gets home from that we get her for a week and she's off to Girl Scout camp and then off to college. I'm not sure I'm ready for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207