CF-5 question's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Great price for a great bat. Just be aware that with Easton voluntarily pulling a majority of their earlier models off of the ASA approved bat list, I'd expect to see the other major manufacturers doing the same thing rather soon. Whether this will be one of those models or not is anyone's guess.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
If I remember correctly, some of the last run of Easton Synergys had the new USSSA thumbprint and they've been pulled. Since the CF5 is in the same boat where 1/2 do and 1/2 don't, depending on the date of manufacture, It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Of course, I could be completely off base about the last year of the Synergys.

May 23, 2015
My guess is theres not nearly as many of those cf5s still around for Demarini to bother pulling them from list of approved bats. Great bats but they break...not if but when.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
On the breaking, I have 2 cf5 30-11 and one cf5 31-10. The oldest bat finally cracked down the barrel last season after the majority of my 10u league team used it all season. The other, my youngest DD still uses in games. I also bought the -10 cf5 when the older DD moved up but it was never quite as hot. I've been hitting with it for 3 years and it just won't die. Lol! It will hit just as far as any of the other bats we have but you do have to hit it just right. Seems less forgiving. All that said if I could get a NIW cf5 for $!00, I'd be all over it. I'm looking for a 31-11 if you see one around. :)

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
If I remember correctly, some of the last run of Easton Synergys had the new USSSA thumbprint and they've been pulled. Since the CF5 is in the same boat where 1/2 do and 1/2 don't, depending on the date of manufacture, It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Of course, I could be completely off base about the last year of the Synergys.
This is incorrect. All of the bats Easton pulled from the ASA approved list were manufactured before 2009. 2009 bats were the Clarity Series, which went over like a lead balloon, but also included Synergeys and Stealths in the name. The names Synergy and Stealth were used up through 2012, then Easton began the FS and FX Series in 2013.

If Demarini chose to follow suit and remove all bats produced prior to 2009, the CF3 would still be legal as it was produced in 2009.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
I just sold a 2014 CF5 31/20 and a 2015 Easton FS1 31/21 for $50 each. Both bats in great shape and well broken in....I like the guy and his DD. ;-) My DD's were very sad to see them go and had a little walk down memory lane before parting with them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA