Catching for DD can be interesting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I was just responding to another thread about catching for DD. I'll bet there are some great stories (funny, sad, exciting) about catching for our daughters.

Starting off with the same story I just posted in the other thread...

I have been catching for DD since she was 10, throwing somewhere below 40mph. She is now 13 and it has been a real thrill for me to watch her improve all aspects of pitching from velocity to actual breaking pitches. This past winter, I was starting to think that my sight was going bad - only to realise that DD's breaking pitches were really starting to break!

One day she and her pitching coach were working on the Rise, throwing it over and over trying to get the spin correct. I'm having fun listening to the conversation they were having and I lost concentration for just a moment. I'm seeing the pitch coming in at about waist level and I am positive that I "have it". Next thing I know I am laying on my back, bucket rolling away and my pectoral muscle throbbing.

I'm thinking of having her team catcher come to practice with her from now on :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors