Catchers Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If the thumb is still an issue, and you have a girl throwing heat, then you may want to look into an inner glove that supports the thumb. It might also tighten up those finger stalls as a side benefit.

I'm currently breaking in a cmw3000, and Annasdad is right. The finger stalls aren't large, but they're not tight either.

With a previous surgically repaired thumb, the CMW3000 is a no-brainer! Great thumb protection, you may also want to consider a EvoShield thumb guard to go with it?

Apr 26, 2015
KPower- Do you know if your daughter has the CMW3000 or the CMW4000? I've got a daughter with small hands as well in need of an upgrade soon.

DD has the CMW4000 - she liked the feel better than the 3000 for whatever reason! It is nice and lightweight - probably the biggest reason she chose it.

Jan 28, 2017
What's the biggest difference between the CMW 3000 and 4000? Anyone used the Muzuno Prime?

Nov 18, 2015
IIRC, the 3000 is a single hinge @ the heel, while the 4000 is a double hinge. They advertise the double hinge as being easier to close for youth players, but the DFP consensus is that the single hinge will offer better thumb protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I highly recommend the evo-shield thumb guard. Get your glove and try it out. If you develop any problems from torquing your thumb, do not hesitate to go online and get the evoshield thmbguard. Watch the installation video first. I think you may need another pair of hands to help you set it up. I screwed up the first one I tried but they sent me another when they found out and directed me to the online video. Works great!
I had really strained my thumb one time, then it seemed like it kept happening every time I caught DD, especially on the drop balls. With the evoshield, I have never had a problem since and it's been 3 or 4 years of HS pitching.

Jan 28, 2017
ALL-STAR 3000 just came in. Really like it. Thanks. DD has Mono and killing me and her not to try out the new mitt. She hopes it pops louder!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
ALL-STAR 3000 just came in. Really like it. Thanks. DD has Mono and killing me and her not to try out the new mitt. She hopes it pops louder!

If your DD can bring it, it sounds like a shotgun, especially indoors! It's noticeably louder than my Vinci which is also a loud mitt.

Jan 28, 2017
If your DD can bring it, it sounds like a shotgun, especially indoors! It's noticeably louder than my Vinci which is also a loud mitt.

DD just turned 12 and has been clocked at 50. The girl that pitches with us throws 53 and my DD swears it's the mitt. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi