Catchers mitt for big hands??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2015
Mizuno GXS 58 is an excellent fastpitch mitt for large hands . I've had mine for several month's now and am very happy with it

Tried on a GXS58 yesterday. It'll fit a big hand for sure. It's weird because most Mizuno fastpitch gloves/mitts are tight on me and I don't have large hands.

The Rawlings Liberty Advanced I bought definitely won't accept the same size hand the GXS58 will.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Golfclubgreg, if your DD is throwing hard at 12, hopefully she'll stay with it and keep getting better and stronger and faster. If you love catching her do yourself a favor and stick with a Vinci, All Star, or Liberty Advanced/Rawlings. My DD threw hard at 12 but it's no problem catching straight fastballs in the sweet spot of the pocket, it's when she started spinning and moving the ball around that I knew it was time for a new mitt. 3 or 4 thumb stingers in one practice session has a way of motivating you to spend some money.

I used a Mizuno when my DD was 12 but have since moved on, I use a All Star and really like it, I've helped break in 3 Vinci's, all 3 were "22" series steerhide models, never seen in person a kip leather Vinci catchers mitt. Between those 3 Vinci's I've probably caught 1000+ balls, great mitt with killer padding and protection. I've never actually caught a ball with a Liberty Advanced but I've had one one my hand several times, very well made mitt!

I'm just saying as an old bucket dad, I'd be happy with either of those 3 mitts, I just happened to have bought a All Star. Buy once, cry once.....shop around, there's some good deals out there.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
All Star Pro CM3000KM Baseball Knuckle Ball Catcher's Mitt

Here's the All Star Knuckleball mitt that Eric originally brought up, in stock and a pretty good price. I just don't know how the padding is on these? Pretty sure these were designed to have a bucket sized opening to hopefully catch an un-catchable knuckleball pitcher! As a kid my dad could throw a ridiculous KB, I HATED it cause it was such a heavy ball and 8 out of 10 times I caught it in the palm, still remember him laughing. I'd love to have him fire up my hand again and hear his goofy laugh!

May 28, 2014
If you are planning on doing some serious catching over the next few years then you might want to consider a Vinci. - a 22 series would be fine for pretty much any level of catching - I wouldn't recommend it for a girl catching 100 games a year (the kip is that much better) but for Bucket Dad time, its not a bad option - send me a message if you want a dealer price quote -

However, pretty much any of the gloves here these guys mentioned would work, I might just be able to stretch your dollar some

Dave

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I agree with Drakemir about a 22 series Vinci, just not sure about the hand stall size? I have med/large hands, leaning more toward medium and the 22 model Vinci fit me perfectly. To the OP, no more wear and tear that you'll put on it being a bucket dad, you will be surprised at how much you can resale it for several years from now.

Nov 18, 2015
for the initial link - I searched on the exact wording, and it was one of the first results that popped up (after the ads in Bing).

The Bing search result that worked didn't have the "s" on the end - try it using just "http:"

Of course, if you end up buying anything, make sure the site is using https: before you enter any personal info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi