Can DD be a pick up player for ASA Nationals?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
Background. DD played on a 16U team that was USSSA and ASA registered. Last week was the USSSA World Series and her team is now dark until September. This year the team played exclusively in USSSA and TCS tournaments and did not enter any ASA. A coach friend called and asked if DD would consider being a pick up player for his team that is playing in ASA nationals next week. He sent me the link below and reading it I don't see any reason why she could not be a pick up player. Can someone with more experience with this situation confirm she is eligible? I don't want to contact an ASA commissioner as I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to this if the coach is not correct.

SOCAL ASA : Softball

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
If she is registered with ASA, not on a team playing in the nationals, and as long as she is eligable for the age group, she's good to go. BTW, asking an ASA official a question about eligability is alot less likely to draw attention to your coach freinds team than showing up for Nationals with an illegal pick up player on his roster.

Mar 15, 2010
BTW, asking an ASA official a question about eligability is alot less likely to draw attention to your coach freinds team than showing up for Nationals with an illegal pick up player on his roster.

Perhaps outside of SoCal but my nearly 20 years of experience dealing with SoCal ASA has taught me not to ask first, check independently, get facts and then ask the question armed with information. Learned this the hard way about 10 years ago.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Background. DD played on a 16U team that was USSSA and ASA registered. Last week was the USSSA World Series and her team is now dark until September. This year the team played exclusively in USSSA and TCS tournaments and did not enter any ASA. A coach friend called and asked if DD would consider being a pick up player for his team that is playing in ASA nationals next week. He sent me the link below and reading it I don't see any reason why she could not be a pick up player. Can someone with more experience with this situation confirm she is eligible? I don't want to contact an ASA commissioner as I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to this if the coach is not correct.

SOCAL ASA : Softball

Who is going to sign the PUP form if the local ASA commissioner is not to be told?

If she did not play in an ASA event this past season (and the definition of events may vary from one local to another), she may not eligible.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523