Calling al the Alabama HS officianados!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
This is just my DD's luck. She has missed games the last three years because of some kind if injury. First it was a bruised knee with no damage but swelling. Then a high ankle sprain and now breaking the other. Her coach was laughing that she could be an All-American if she could play a full season. She gives 100% so I won't complain but dang she has bad luck.
Strong tourney so far. Buckhorn and Hazel Green have the 1 and 2 seeds. Two TN teams Soddy Daisy and Powell (us) are 3 and 4. We beat Sparkman, Clarksville, DeQueen and Ben Russell. We gave up 4 runs total and still got a 4 seed. Very tough field. Kenzie went 1-4 with her first at bats of the season after being cleared to hit. Hopefully she will be back behind the plate in a few more weeks.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
How was Ben Russell's pitching? I think a new girl on our TB team throw for them.

Knocking off Sparkman says something. I think you can take Hazel Green so Buckhorn may be the biggest challenge. We ended up playing Hartselle a couple of weeks ago in a round robin. Our coach started three JV players and it was 1-1 in the 5th. Our #2 pitcher gave up a GS to lose it 5-1. If you see them in bracket they are very solid but beatable.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
Strong tourney so far. Buckhorn and Hazel Green have the 1 and 2 seeds. Two TN teams Soddy Daisy and Powell (us) are 3 and 4. We beat Sparkman, Clarksville, DeQueen and Ben Russell. We gave up 4 runs total and still got a 4 seed. Very tough field. Kenzie went 1-4 with her first at bats of the season after being cleared to hit. Hopefully she will be back behind the plate in a few more weeks.

Clarksville, TN? They did pretty good this past weekend in Hendersonville.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
How was Ben Russell's pitching? I think a new girl on our TB team throw for them.

Knocking off Sparkman says something. I think you can take Hazel Green so Buckhorn may be the biggest challenge. We ended up playing Hartselle a couple of weeks ago in a round robin. Our coach started three JV players and it was 1-1 in the 5th. Our #2 pitcher gave up a GS to lose it 5-1. If you see them in bracket they are very solid but beatable.
Ben Russell was solid but struggled against our #1. Beat them 5-1.

Lost to Buckhorn in the semifinals 4-0. Pitched our #3. Didn’t get timely hits. Left a ton on base. Very talented group of girls, but their coach stalled the game every opportunity he got once they had the lead. Killed seven minutes arguing an obvious call and getting his team back on the field. He would have been tossed in TN for not leaving the field. Very Bush league. Umpires refused to control the situation. My kid would not play for this coach in HS, he is an A$$. Sparkman beat Hazel Green 5-3. Sparkman won it all beating Buckhorn 7-3.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
Ben Russell was solid but struggled against our #1. Beat them 5-1.

Lost to Buckhorn in the semifinals 4-0. Pitched our #3.

Steel sharpens steel, not that ya'll need much more sharpening :)

Good showing down there. I know Gibbs is no longer in your district, but they are coming to Murfreesboro to play this weekend.

Siegel has lost 2 straight district games, and 3 straight overall, after only losing 3 all of last year.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Steel sharpens steel, not that ya'll need much more sharpening :)

Good showing down there. I know Gibbs is no longer in your district, but they are coming to Murfreesboro to play this weekend.

Siegel has lost 2 straight district games, and 3 straight overall, after only losing 3 all of last year.
We definitely needed a good sharpening. Still not hitting as well as we should be. Got a talented freshman at 3B so as many reps against quality teams as we can get are welcomed! Kenzie should be cleared to catch hopefully by next week. Her backups have done a good job and they are getting some valuable experience as well.

Gibbs has been beating everybody they’ve played it seems. They are hitting it well and have two quality pitchers.

Seigel is definitely a surprise. After missing state last year I expected them to be on a mission this year. It is early though and they are very talented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles