Bush league or not?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2017
I can see it both ways.
Is it different than squaring up to bunt and pulling it back? Is it different than taking til you get a strike?
How about taking advantage of pitcher and catcher not paying close attention to a runner and stealing on the throw back to the pitcher.
Bush League?????????????????????
Even at 10u aren't you suppose to teach girls to be aggressive and at the Travel Ball level your there to win. Rec ball I can see it as a BUSH tactic

May 20, 2016
I don't think there is anything wrong with it. My DD started switch hitting this year, she is in 10U. She is a pretty strong hitter from the right side of the plate. We need to work on hitting lefty and doing some slapping as she is pretty quick. So if she gets 2 strikes on her while hitting lefty, she will switch to the right to not strike out.

When we go to the cages she hits 2 from the R then two from the L and continues to alternate.

Really i don't think you'd switch someone that has no idea what they are doing to "get in a 10YO's" head. Would be worse for the batter than the pitcher. Plate didn't move.

Jun 11, 2013
I think it's a lame move if done just to mess with the pitcher but if you are a HS pitcher it shouldn't have much affect on you.

switching for legit reasons is of course fine.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think it's a lame move if done just to mess with the pitcher but if you are a HS pitcher it shouldn't have much affect on you.

switching for legit reasons is of course fine.

I thought of that, it better not bother DD, if it does she can have her base and a bruise. A lot of HS pitchers are new to pitching so age is not necessarily a factor. Might be the first time the player played softball.

Jul 2, 2013
I don't see it as any different than fake bunting on 3-0. Especially if they move their bat around while the pitcher is in her motion.

May 20, 2015
I don't see it as any different than fake bunting on 3-0. Especially if they move their bat around while the pitcher is in her motion.

well, waving the bat around with no intent to bunt is pretty lame, too

May 20, 2015
I agree, but you see it all of the time.

you see a lot of lame behavior, agreed

the good umpires let it go once or twice....then you see a lot of "she offered" or a generous strike zone to put a stop to it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad