bruised thigh

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2010
She has been pitching for 4 to 5 yrs. The last 2 years pitching for AAU teams. She just turned 16. She has never had a problem with this before. She did have a problem during the winter with pain developing in her forearm, but we corrected it with the help of this forum. I'm not seeing as changes to her delivery, but I haven't looked at it on film yet. During the season she was getting into a bad habit of not going down the power line/stepping accross it, but we've been working on that. She pitched great all summer, so it wasn't something she was dealing with until the very end.

May 25, 2010
but I haven't looked at it on film yet...

;)

While you might be able to pick it up in real time, once you slow it down, I bet you'll be able to see exactly what's going wrong mechanically.

If I had to guess - and I'm only speaking from a life-in-general perspective - it sounds like she fell into something that she stayed with because it was both comfortable (at the time) and effective all summer, even though it wasn't good long-term. I know I have not answered your question, but your athlete's case provides a few lessons that many other readers here can learn from. Good luck to her. :)

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
My DD is '96 .. got a bad elbow bruise after a really long weekend (way more pitching than she has ever done). Took two weeks off .. pitched in our last Tourn great even though hadn't thrown for two weeks and got no bruising at all.
Last weekend pitched a little in a game .. after 3 weeks of no pitching .. but she was exhausted from a long vacation of doing nothing on the beach, last minute invitation to play Fall Ball game with some friends ... wicked hot/humid, not warmed up well enough, out of condition ....

Her mechanics fell apart because she was tired on both occasions.
She has a generic elbow sleeve that helps but woudn't wear it last weekend ... "too hot"

Moral of our story .... concentrating on better mechanics and much better conditioning.

We saw a dramatic increase in injuries this year in 14U in our area at the end of our season.
Players are not as well conditioned as they should be and some are just plain overused with coaches pushing them to come back too soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish