Brands and style of leather softballs you use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
One last question, cause it's driving me crazy.

Outside of the Utrip using blue stitching...is there any damn difference between USA, ASA, and USSSA fastpitch balls?? I don't really notice any seams being higher or tighter or anything like that, all are poly core on Thunder Heats for example, same compression info that I see as well. Just a stamp and one lace color difference?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Never seen or used those? What are they like? More squishy? I just saw composite safe when I pinged em quick.
They're not fastpitch balls, so they don't have raised seams. They're really men's SP balls. Also, the manufacturer doesn't recommend using them in batting cages as it voids the warranty.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Never seen or used those? What are they like? More squishy? I just saw composite safe when I pinged em quick.
They are not squishy...they are real 52 core softballs, but are made to take more hitting abuse than other regular softballs.

But they are more focused for hitting and you can use them for fielding. They just arent made with high laces for fp pitchers.

Just like any good ball, if it hits a metal screen or anything metal, it could nick the cover up. But that can happen with any leather
or good ball. I have had game balls get sliced from hitting an outfield fence.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2016
I use mostly CFP’s because of the feel and cover durability, but for hitting popflys I like the Tattoo Nx3 because they come off the bat amazing and I can use them in the fielding machine as well and they don’t get messed up or get soft EVER, they are easy to grip although the seams are fake you can still feel them…

Buuuut I’m gonna probably start using the Bownet ball since it’s the new ball for the Alliance so I want my pitchers to get use to them.

I always wondered about the evil bp52 I might pick up some now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Forgot, I do have two dozen Wilson Champion series for our own use. Dudleys were sold out when I went in about two years back, so went with em...They actually are a damn good ball. Held up really well with the amount of hits they've taken as well as outfield work we do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles