Brands and style of leather softballs you use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Don't recall seeing a thread on this, maybe I'm blind. :p

What softballs yall using?

Dudley, Rawlings, Baden, Champs, yada yada yada? We got a bunch of Dudley Thunder Heat USA and Thunder Heat USSSA's we use, also have some Badens mixed in. Interested to hear what yall running with in parts of the country.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
Don't recall seeing a thread on this, maybe I'm blind. :p

What softballs yall using?

Dudley, Rawlings, Baden, Champs, yada yada yada? We got a bunch of Dudley Thunder Heat USA and Thunder Heat USSSA's we use, also have some Badens mixed in. Interested to hear what yall running with in parts of the country.
I think some of this can vary based on age group and intended use (game balls vs practice balls). We were fortunate enough to be able to use the same balls for games and practice, but sometimes a more affordable practice ball option makes sense.

During tball/coach pitch we favored Decker Sharks due to the low seams and how the ball just seemed to jump off the bat better than other brands. Once we moved to kid pitch, 11 inch Dudley and Rawlings were our preferred brands; transitioning to 12 inch Rawlings and Sterlings as we moved up in size.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I think some of this can vary based on age group and intended use (game balls vs practice balls). We were fortunate enough to be able to use the same balls for games and practice, but sometimes a more affordable practice ball option makes sense.

During tball/coach pitch we favored Decker Sharks due to the low seams and how the ball just seemed to jump off the bat better than other brands. Once we moved to kid pitch, 11 inch Dudley and Rawlings were our preferred brands; transitioning to 12 inch Rawlings and Sterlings as we moved up in size.
Totally understand, sorry was talking 12 inch...We have synthetics, but they turn to an oval mush ball mess rather quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles