Bragging on my baseball player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
My older daughter (11) plays baseball. Big tomboy, no interest in playing softball with the girls. My 9 year old has always been our sports star; my 11 year old just plays for fun and has never invested much effort in getting better. I don't know what's up but something clicked this season. She went from sitting or playing left field mostly to starting second base. She's made some amazing plays this season that would have impressed me even if my 9 year old had made them. The past 2 games she's batted 1000, VERY solid hits (doubles mostly). Last night the coach said that in tonight's game she's getting the clean up position in the line up. She was both embarrassed and pleased with his bragging on her. It's never bothered me in the least that her strengths and passion lie elsewhere, I never played sports and am impressed just that she puts herself out there, especially with a bunch of boys. But it's so nice to see it really click with her, and how pleased she is with herself and her performance. :D

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
My dad had a girl on his BB Team, I drafted her, until she hit HS. So 14?

I would say now. Have her play on a older girls team?? Happened to see this at our league. It was a sister, she had all 3 brothers all played baseball. So she did as well. She was good at baseball too, never really got the recognition that she deserved because of her being a girl. She got so far behind when she tried out for Softball at the HS. Now she sits at home..........

Jun 12, 2015
Mine played 2 sessions of softball but she prefers baseball, and she likes playing with the boys. She's been on the same team for awhile now. It's a rec team. They did All Stars this summer but she didn't try out, wasn't interested. She told me the other day she thinks she does want to play if they do it again next year. All Stars is what got my younger one hooked on travel. So, we'll see. I already know she won't switch to softball though. I've tried that many times!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It sounds like she is having fun.

I do not have an opinion either way but she is getting to an age where the some of the other girls will kick her butt. I can see the attraction of BB or slow pitch at younger ages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi