Big day in HS for fresman DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Last night....

- Home opener starter vs a strong high quality district rival.
- First freshman to start at pitcher for a home opener since the program started 15 years ago.
- Throws a 2-hitter with 11K gem. Possibly the best game I have ever seen her pitch
- Team wins 6-0 against a D1 college committed junior pitcher.
- Gets nice write up in the local paper along with our top two hitters

DD has been working harder than ever on her game - it is great to see it turning into results on the field.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
And last night it got ugly....

Several very good-great pitchers (two on the other team committed to college) in the game and we get an umpire who decided that he doesn't call strikes... ever... combine that with lots of good bats on both teams and the hits and runs flowed freely. Watched some video today and confirmed what we saw last night - if it wasn't middle-middle it wasn't a strike and he missed calling a few of those as well. Very frustrating to sit through.

We won Lots of Runs to Almost as Many Runs but not Quite. Ugly game but a win is a win especially in district.

Learning experience for all our players. When you are forced to bring it into the zone, and the batter can wait on middle-middle it is not a fun game and it takes FOREVER (game time crossed 3 hours)

On good news from the game, DD has been promoted into the batting line up and got her first High School hit! Nice line drive right up the middle!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Wish it was just a HS thing. I saw the same crap in Austin 2 weeks ago. DD threw in 3 games and had the same jackass umpire each time. Every game went close to 3 hours and in the case of SC vs Texas the Texas pitchers walked in 3 runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi