Best place to stay in Panama City for USFA World Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2011
Our 10U team is heading to the USFA World Series in Panama City and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on where the team should stay.

All of the places from the USFA site are on the beach and cost $200+ per night. Most are hotel room type of places. We are looking for 1, 2, or 3 bedroom condos. I did a search but who knows what you are getting.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nov 27, 2012
In a way condos are cheap if you share it another family. You can get a nice 2 bedroom condo for 180 night. There use to be lot of small cheap motels in Panama City Beach, but they took them all down 5 or 6 years ago and built all these condos. You may be able to find good motels for cheap in Panama City.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Good thread as my DD's 14U team is going as well! I'd like to hear thoughts and ideas from people who have been :)

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
This summer will be our third trip. We have found the best deals on VRBO.COM. The first year we split a 2br with another couple and our girls shared a pull out sofa. Last year we had a 3br. We paid less than $1000 total both years between us. Best advice I have is do not worry about staying close to Frank Brown Park. They use multiple parks and the majority of our games have been at other places. Last year we stayed at Bay Point which was more centrally located relative to the parks.

Hope this helps. We have enjoyed the trip both years. One other tip is take the girls to Shuckum's one night. They have outside karaoke which is very family friendly and they play alot of music for the girls to dance to. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26