Best Game Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 4, 2012
What is the best .47 11" game ball? Why do you feel this way?

Where is the best play to purchase?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would recommend you ask your pitchers which balls they prefer, and buy those. My DD likes the Worth Dream Seams. The Baden balls have higher seams, which should provide more movement, but my DD does not like them. You can order balls online, but our local sporting goods store give us a "coaches discount" of 15%, so we just buy them there.

Mar 13, 2012
I purchased three different balls (dozen of each) to form my own opinion. The Dream Seam, Baden (Danielle Lawrie control seam) and Trump Stote. All were about the same price per dozen and all are nice balls. DD likes the Baden seams which are high like the others but also a little wider. The Trump being 2nd and the Dream Seam 3rd. I agree with her as far as leather quality and ball feel, but had our #1 pitcher toss it back saying the ball felt bigger because of the seams and liked the Trump with is tall but thinner seam.

Well my DD is 14 and prefers Baden. She touches each ball and feels the seams...sounds creepy and looks kinda crazy!

She knows what she likes and trust me when I say she has tried all the different types.

I know she should throw with all kinds of balls and blah blah blah but when it's her choice, Baden is the ball:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid