Bat Size Suprise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2011
4'8", my DD turned 12 in aug as well, has a metabolism rate like a racing rabbit

she is always d smallest on her team, and i mean small

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
I think its all subjective . Whatever a girl is successful with is what they should be swinging . At our last batting practice I recommended that the girls try out as many different bats as they could lay their hands on to see how they felt and what they were comfortable with . Several girls wound up changing what they liked and almost all of them saw their hitting improve . Its pretty tough to get a feel for what they will be successful with standing in a sporting goods store or reading online . I know that my DD's journey involved about a dozen bats and untold hours in a batting cage before she finally found a bat she liked .

All that being said , if the girls can swing a big bat successfully then go for it .

Oct 25, 2009
I think its all subjective . Whatever a girl is successful with is what they should be swinging . At our last batting practice I recommended that the girls try out as many different bats as they could lay their hands on to see how they felt and what they were comfortable with . Several girls wound up changing what they liked and almost all of them saw their hitting improve . Its pretty tough to get a feel for what they will be successful with standing in a sporting goods store or reading online . I know that my DD's journey involved about a dozen bats and untold hours in a batting cage before she finally found a bat she liked .

All that being said , if the girls can swing a big bat successfully then go for it .

You're right, if the player doesn't like it it won't work.

You really can't tell a lot about bat performance on a cage pitching machine. If possible, try to hit real balls in the cages.

I think the best way is to borrow another player's bat during practice and see how they like it. Even if they don't think they'll like it get them to at least try it.

I still haven't seen anything lately that beats the Xeno. A few of the power hitters are swinging a –9 but the –10 seems to be the best generally.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
It is subjective but I would say I am pretty convinced if a swing is connected to the rotation of the hips and core...a quality -10 at proper length is doable for most girls and provides more pop that the handle loaded -12's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks