Bat question...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2012
Welcome rockjerry!

You can find many charts out there that will recommend what size of bat a kid should have based off their height, weight and age. They will vary a little and you can find them all over the internet and on bat company websites as well. That is probably a great place to start but likely wont be your definitie answer. Here is an example of one: Softball Bat Buyers Guide - Dick's Sporting Goods

All people are different, so once you have a general idea of what size your dd needs, then IMO you should use some trial and error( if you can) Try and use some demos if you can or at the very least see how your dd handles the bat and use your best judgement to determine at that point, keeping the general recomendations in mind. For my DD it is advised that she us something around 29/18. So for a long while she was using a 29/17.5. I have seen soooo many kids with these huge bats way too big for them and so I was probably overly concerned to make sure she didnt use a bat too big. Well, as it turns out she really is best suited for a 30/20 or a 31/20. That is honestly the exception and not the rule but the point is that everyone is different, so use the guidelines you can find and then work from there. Best of luck and again welcome.......this forum is awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi