Bat for 2021 power hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
My dd is 12 yo 5"8 weighs 165 or so. Shes a big strong girl. Very athletic as well. We are looking for a new bat for her start of middle school ball. She is a power hitter. Currently uses a 33 drop 10, 2019 lxt. What bat should I get her? I want to stay with the current weight and length. We are going to play it again sports today to swing some bats. Any recommendations? I like the ghost bats but they break so easy. I want the best pop and longevity.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The best compromise between pop and longevity that is comparable to the LXT that you're going to find will be the Mizuno Power Carbon.

ETA: Just an FYI, it will definitely give your DD feedback if hit off center of the sweet spot so she will either love it or hate it.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018
MY DD LOVED her Angel (the '19 LXT) and tried the Ghost and Prism but came back to the LXT; but is not a power hitter like your DD. If she likes the LXT and is hitting well with it, why not just stick with it and do a -9? See if she can swing it some place.

Apr 28, 2019
If hoi
My dd is 12 yo 5"8 weighs 165 or so. Shes a big strong girl. Very athletic as well. We are looking for a new bat for her start of middle school ball. She is a power hitter. Currently uses a 33 drop 10, 2019 lxt. What bat should I get her? I want to stay with the current weight and length. We are going to play it again sports today to swing some bats. Any recommendations? I like the ghost bats but they break so easy. I want the best pop and longevity.
If your against Ghost due to longevity I would go with another LXT 33” 24oz or a Xeno 33” 23.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Plain and simple...you are never gonna know what bat works best til you try them.
You can have people tell you all day what their dd likes, but the only one that matters
is what works best for your daughter. Try them all, then go from there. Maybe the bat you dont want
her to have, is the best one for her. Maybe its another LXT, Xeno...maybe its a PC or Carbon1.
You never know.

And dont be afraid to try diff weights...some bats are lighter than others and maybe a drop9
would feel better.

Jun 7, 2020
Took my dd to hit some balls in the cage trying out new bats. Dd really liked the 2021 lxt and rxt . They didnt have power carbon or mantra. To me it looked like she hit better with the rxt. But she really likes the feel of the lxt. Both bats are 33 -10. Drop 9 is just a bit to heavy for her right now. I was going to purchase the 2020 version of the lxt but I read the 21' has new tech and not just a new paint job. I can get the lxt for $315. I think that's what the guy said. Its 10 percent off all new bats.

Where can I get a good deal on the 2021 lxt?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles