Anyone have any intel on the new Rawlings Mantra?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
picked up one for each daughter just to have at least one bat that might not break at any moment in their bag

DD1 is bigger, stronger.....more of a cerebral hitter......says the bat feels good, huge sweet spot, not a fan of the sound, but that has gotten better with break in......probably should have gone 33/24 instead of 33/23

DD2 is more of a see it/hit it kid.....no batting gloves, just goes in there and rips it.....she's also 30lbs lighter and doesn't have the power her sister has, yet.......she loves the mantra, is ripping ot pretty well......she's been swinging a 31/21 GA and 2018 Ghost......i got her a 32/22 mantra.......she loves it, is looking like her go to gamer for the time being

my observations: like any bat, you hit it pure, the ball goes.....DD1 hit one front pitch today off me that was high/outer part of the zone.....she took it oppo about 215 or so with an easy swing......when the ball hits the sweet spot it jumps well, just like every other bat.......seems to be a lot less mishits than with the GA, but when they hit the GA pure, the eye test says it jumps just a little more.......but that could be complete BS, too......they both like it, one is picking it up over the ghost, the other still likes her GA, but is not unimpressed with it by any means

Apr 9, 2020
just about finished high school season with it here in northeast.. 33/23 daughter liked it a lot and says it just sounds and feels diff of this bat.. she has used Louisvilles lxt, ghosts , and seems to like this one the best.. cannot speak of longevity because she truly only uses it for games and some of her front toss, uses her ghost for the majority of the practice swings. we did however purchase from core a second to have in reserve this summer. never has mentioned anything about sting (utilized a bat warmer during the inclement and colder weather here in northeast) or sweet spot not being as big as other bats. truly could be just the flavor of the month for her lol but she performed well with it thus far .... real test will be this summer. I think at this level of costs of bats they all perform similarly look at the college programs that get sponsored they all seem to be doing well with all the diff manufacturers supplying teams in NCAA's.. good luck to all this season and enjoy time with your kids...goes fast

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
We have 2 33/23 Mantra’s weighing 1.4-1.6 overweight. Based on my unscientific on field testing they are better than the white Quatro and quatro pro’s to my daughter. But still not as hot as an extremely broken in CF8 insane or Mizuno PC.

Oct 22, 2010
SO CAL
Many years ago on the baseball side Rawlings had a sensor that screwed into the end cap area. I don't know how accurate it was or how it held up but that was the first ever sensor I remember coming out.

Jul 31, 2021
My 2012 daughter swings a 30" Mantra. Been struggling at the plate since going with it over Demarini. Weighed the bat and it is 21.30 oz. Bit it feels even heavier than that. I would like to try another scale and see. That's a lot overweight for a 9 year old. Has great pop and she does fine in BP. It may be more of a timing issue than bat weight as a slow pitcher kills her. Any tips on timing drills? The paint seems really thin on this bat and scratches deep very easily. She as well as I love the all blue.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021
Yes thats a lot of bat for a 2012. How big is she?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
She is about 4'7" about 105 lbs. She is really strong thanks to hunting with dad lol. She has excelled with a 30" bat until the Mantra. Shes a Jan 5th birthday 2012

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06