Anyone get the new Xeno -11?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Looking for feedback. DD has a CF6 Insane and am looking to get her a balanced bat as well. Is this a mistake and we should stick to the end loaded?

Dec 11, 2010
-11 anything would be a VERY different bat than any Insane I would think.

I always shudder seeing "apples and oranges" being swung by the same girl all the time.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
DD is a 10YO who can hit with power. Her hitting instructor thinks the Insane is a good fit for her and she can handle the end loaded bat but she's never swung a balanced composite bat so I don't know if it would be better. She's been swinging the Insane since May. It was really hot right out of the wrapper but seems to have cooled off a bit. I was actually going to send it back to Demarini because several girls from her all star team used it with mediocre results- not as much pop as when we first got it. Not sure if this is to be expected though.

May 9, 2013
DD is a 10YO who can hit with power. Her hitting instructor thinks the Insane is a good fit for her and she can handle the end loaded bat but she's never swung a balanced composite bat so I don't know if it would be better. She's been swinging the Insane since May. It was really hot right out of the wrapper but seems to have cooled off a bit. I was actually going to send it back to Demarini because several girls from her all star team used it with mediocre results- not as much pop as when we first got it. Not sure if this is to be expected though.
If she is swinging an Insane pretty well and you want to try a balanced bat then I think you would look for a non-endloaded drop 10 rather than the drop 11. The CF7 drop 10 or the Xeno drop 10. The drop 11 would take weight out of the bat and cost her some power.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Its your choice to try whatever you like, but I will say its a strange thought. If she is swinging an CF6I, a drop 11 Xeno would be very balanced, even light and prob not do well if she liked the Demar.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
I'm thinking Little Angels Softball was basing the comment off of Bigclubswinger's advice. I'm obviously a beginner in the composite bat realm so all this feedback is much appreciated.

I'm thinking Little Angels Softball was basing the comment off of Bigclubswinger's advice. I'm obviously a beginner in the composite bat realm so all this feedback is much appreciated.
I am not sure any of us are any more informed than you. Your DD might pick up that -11 Xeno and start crushing the ball with it ... no way to tell for sure until she tries it.

Just based on experience, I'd say a girl who is hitting well with a fairly end-loaded bat like the Insane would usually find a balanced bat an ounce lighter to be a very different creature. I have yet to handle the -11 Xeno, but previous versions of the Xeno are "less balanced" than, say, the CF6s, CF7s and LXTs of the world. That's why I said a -10 Xeno might work, because it will be a less dramatic difference to her vs. the Insane she swings now.

There is still no way to tell until she gets them in her hands and hits with them, though. In most situations, I'd probably wholeheartedly recommend a -11 Xeno (or CF) to just about every 10-year-old girl looking for a high-end composite bat. It is just a real nice weight ratio for younger girls and the CF in particular has been wildly popular and effective for these girls since its introduction. I see no reason why the new -11 Xeno shouldn't provide plenty of competition to the DeMarini product.

It is just that most kids are trying to get to -10 and since yours is already there, it doesn't seem to make as much sense to "go back" to a -11 bat if she is handling the -10 well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid