Anyone bought a TPS Icon glove ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hello,
New member here. As title says, curious if anyone has bought or their daughter is using a TPS Icon glove ? Looks to be
a very well made, American made glove. My daughter is 11, playing 12U travel ball. She is right now using a TPS
Valkyrie that she likes. As i said, she is playing travel ball and will be playing middle school ball this year and i wanted
to get her a higher quality glove that we can start breaking in now. The Valkyrie is a thin made, already broke in glove
that is very floppy in just a year. In the Valkyrie's defense, my daughter usually plays 4-5 times a week. The model
i have been looking at is the Icon ICF1200 12" glove.
Thanks in advance.
Johnny

The ICON is a very nice glove. My girl has one along with a Valkyrie and she likes them both.

The Valkyrie is very nice for the money and as long as it holds its shape, I'd say it is better for an 11-year-old. The ICON will feel stiff to her and will take some time for her to trust it. Both are nice. Don't overthink it ... let her use what she is comfortable with at this age. There is plenty of time to get a "real glove" when she is a bit older and stronger.

If she digs the ICON, then go for it!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks alot Little Angels.
I'm sure you're right about the age thing and i probably wouldn't buy one at full retail ($200.00) which everyone online has it priced at.
We even have a Louisville Slugger distributor here in Charlotte and thats their price and they will not come off of that a dime ! They said its a "custom" glove. But i have found one online for $120.00 which i feel is a great price for a glove that should last 4 or 5 years or
maybe longer? Pretty sure i'm going to get one, thats why in my original post just wanted to know what anyone thought about this glove. Thanks again LAS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles