Another bat suggestion thread!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2021
To start off with DD is in her last season of 8u rec league ball. I am wanting to get her a better bat. She currently is using an axe avenge lite composite. I have been looking at auction sites and on marketplace and I am seeing alot of LXTs Zenos CF4,5,6,8,9,Zens Prisms Phnx. Are the older cf series bats still legal for use? I am wanting to stay around $100 or less and have seen some nice bats in that range, but I would like to get y'alls advice.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
To start off with DD is in her last season of 8u rec league ball. I am wanting to get her a better bat. She currently is using an axe avenge lite composite. I have been looking at auction sites and on marketplace and I am seeing alot of LXTs Zenos CF4,5,6,8,9,Zens Prisms Phnx. Are the older cf series bats still legal for use? I am wanting to stay around $100 or less and have seen some nice bats in that range, but I would like to get y'alls advice.
Yes they are still legal. https://livonia.gov/DocumentCenter/View/3506/2020-Non-Approved-Bat-List-Page-2?bidId=

Oct 26, 2019
I would suggest you find a used demarini CF. After she outgrows it good chance you can sell it for the same price you paid for it.

Nov 2, 2021
My DD who is 10 years old swung a CF Zen 30/19 for the last two seasons and loved the bat. Good overall balanced bat with a good sized sweet spot and a decent amount of pop. Durability was not an issue.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
CF6 Sprite (drop 11) was the hot ticket for smaller players in years gone by If you can find one of those in good condition and the right size for your DD, it would be a good choice.

However....

If the league is using low-compression (RIF) balls, a "hot" carbon bat isn't going to make much difference. At that age, a bat that she can swing and control well is the most important factor.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
They are both great bats. The Xeno has the weight placement a little further down the barrel giving it more of an endloaded feel although it's not a true endload bat. The LXT is a nice evenly balanced bat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad