Another Bat Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
My 10 YO DD is small 4'5" about 65 lbs with a quick bat. She's been hitting a Miken Halo Light 29/16.5. I've noticed that it seemed like she was maybe overly quick with it so I pulled an old Easton aluminum 29/19 out of the garage and she started crushing it. So I'm in the market for a new bat. Should I try and push her to a 30/20 or go with a 30/19 or 29/19. Hopefully she'll grow, her sister who is 20 mos older is 5'3".

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD is almost exactly the same size and swings a 30/20 without a problem. Might not be swinging a bat that big if xeno had a samller bat but with the prices it made sense to move her to a 30/20.

She can hit the 11" ball to the fence. :)

Last edited:

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
DD is almost exactly the same size and swings a 30/20 without a problem. Might not be swinging a bat that big if xeno had a samller bat but with the prices it made sense to move her to a 30/20.

She can hit the 11" ball to the fence. :)

My DD is 9 yo, 4'7" and swings a 30 Worth Storm Lithium Alloy Drop 13. We used a rubber choke on it in fall and I will be removing that this month as she is ready for the fill 30" length. I like the light weight as it allows her to re-enforce good habits before we move her up in weight. I imagine this will be coming soon as she is stronger everyday. I do keep an old Easton Aluminum 30/20 and she swings it nicely now. Not so much a while back. I think it depends on the player. Remember 1" too long or 1 oz too heavy can be all it takes to start causing problems. I like to keep the cost down on the bat for now (under $100) until she levels out on the growing in the next year or two. Then I will drop the bomb on a top line bat. Bottom line..you are close to the wheel house. Play around. Find a store worth driving too to see if they let you test bats out. That always helps too. Worth is infamous for giving sports stores Demo Stations for teams to come and borrow and tryout different bats they make.

Last edited:

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
Thanks 02Crush. I was able to get at 30/20 Stealth Speed and a 30/18.5 Synge for a total of $159 on closeoutbats.com. I
l'll probably start her on the Synge and move up to the Stealth. At that price I couldn't resist. I have 4 daughters so I never worry about bats going to waste, they just get broken in better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand