angry looks from pitcher. intimidation tactic?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2009
Florida
I had a pitcher for several years that was very intimidating. She threw very hard and when she checked the runners she looked really serious. Her look said,"dont even think it!" But that was not how this girl really is. It is her way of focusing. She is one of the nicest girls I have ever coached. I used to call time in a game just so I could walk out and talk. She looked at me just as seriously as I walked out and then the first thing she would say is "Hi Coach". Dont judge the book by its cover. .

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just my opinions
1. She is giving mean looks. So what!

2. Is it legal? How would you approach that? "Blue, their pitcher is not being very kind"

Mar 28, 2011
Best retaliation is to spin-a-cap. Just like when a pitcher comes high and tight to back off a hitter from the plate. First pitch you see down Broadway, take it HARD right back at the pitcher. A hard look or a brush back followed by a hard line drive right back attcha’! That's Softball at its best!

May 5, 2008
I don't like the giving dirty looks to hitters that get on, BUT there are times when a pitcher's serious face has that "mean" look.

Heck, I've had players tell me I'm intimidating and I'm smaller than most of them and NEVER intentionally try to scare them or intimidate them with a look. lol

So sometimes, it's just intensity that comes off looking mad, mean, or intimidating.

Thing is, as a batter, you're not supposed to be looking at the pitcher's face. Plus, YOU are supposed to take your place in that box in just as confident and commanding a manner no matter who you're facing and no matter how you're actually feeling.

Does wonders!

It's not only about physical ability and you, as a hitter, can be just as intimidating to a pitcher! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks