Academic Camp Scheduling Conflicts!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
So, COVID forced some schedule changes, as things scheduled for May/June pushed to July/August.

But Tournament/Camp directors obviously don't communicate and coordinate!

Pennsbury Academic Camp and Tournament moved from June to August,
and created a conflict with Headfirst Honor Roll Camp (Northeast Sessions).
And today, Headfirst announces that they are moving the camp from NY long Island to Virginia,
but dates remain the same.

This is hurtful to players in two ways:
1. There aren't many "academic" camps offered, and now the two best in the Northeast region conflict - so players will have to choose.
2. DIII coaches and staff will either have to choose between events or "divide and conquer".

Without giant travel budgets, I suspect the coaches that do venture out, will probably attend the Pennsbury camp, and then try and sneak away during the Pennsbury Tournament to maybe catch session II of Headfirst. But who knows...

It just sucks these organizations couldn't work something out that is better for all involved.
This year is already so hard to swallow....

May 27, 2013
Pennsbury holds their camp when their showcase is, so the camp was moved when the showcase was moved from June to August. That way teams who travel from all over have a chance to be in the camp without making a second trip.

Apr 28, 2014
With the dead period extended till 8/31 pennsbury will be a bust.
The one saving grace is that pennsbury numbers get posted and schools will contact your DD if she shows well (pitch speed, exit velocity etc)

May 27, 2013
With the dead period extended till 8/31 pennsbury will be a bust.
The one saving grace is that pennsbury numbers get posted and schools will contact your DD if she shows well (pitch speed, exit velocity etc)
Everything this summer unfortunately will be the same, especially since most showcases are now hosting regional events under one name so teams can still participate but won’t have to travel far or quarantine just to play. I actually won’t be surprised if D9 winds up the same way. Also expect far less coaches due to budget cuts when they are actually allowed to recruit in person again.

Apr 28, 2014
Everything this summer unfortunately will be the same, especially since most showcases are now hosting regional events under one name so teams can still participate but won’t have to travel far or quarantine just to play. I actually won’t be surprised if D9 winds up the same way. Also expect far less coaches due to budget cuts when they are actually allowed to recruit in person again.
Positive side is that coaches are watching kids via live stream. We had 15 schools watching our games last weekend. They do watch!

May 27, 2013
Oh I know. We are doing the same thing. Coaches have been reaching out asking for schedules. All good stuff. 😊

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying